MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why Bikers get a bad name

Why Bikers get a bad name - Forums [Biker Match] Why Bikers get a bad name - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why Bikers get a bad name

Saturday night my sister and elderly mother of 80yrs were driving to my brothers on the Isle of Sheppy, when a group of bikers were in front of them doing wheelies up the middle of the road, then my sister slowed down then all the bikes just started going round and round the car, so she pulled away and all the bikes rode off got in front of her and kept hitting their brakes just in front of her, causing her to break, as by then my mother was terrified, why did they do it? l dont understand their mentality,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2013 19:10  

Beats me why they do it But it sure makes me It's precisely this type of behaviour that gets us a "bad press" Similar antics have lead to a road closure adjacent to the Ace café One or to can get us ALL a bad name

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/08/2013 19:34  

Your guess is as good as mine,not bikers as far as Im concerned.No excuses for that behaviour,twats have been watching too many films.Wouldve been ace if they had be reported and done.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 23/08/2013 19:35  

Outrageous!

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 23/08/2013 21:32  

urggh hate people like that they may ride bikes but they are not bikers what so ever shame on them would like to find them and give them a peice of my mind x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2013 23:56  

bunch of a**eholes bjp1960 ... not good coz then all car drivers think all bikers are di**s ... and we are not

they are motorcyclists who think they own the road, have no respect for anyone, other peeps on bikes included... they are selfish, ignorant, thick morons who deserve to have their bikes taken off em if that is how they go about their days for no reason whatsoever...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/08/2013 18:27  

REALLY SIMPLE CURE TO THIS TAKE THERE NUMBERS AND PHONE THE POLICE. Then laugh when they have there bikes taken and crushed or handed back to the finance company that own them

Update Reply
JP @ 24/08/2013 18:37  

Even better if you have a dash cam, hand the footage over to the police that way number plates and distinctive paintwork or clothing can be used as identification. Relatively cheap to purchase on eBay, I bought one for work and colleagues who asked have themselves bought them. Good definition video all captured on a chip smaller than most sim cards in your phones.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/08/2013 19:58  

Why do people do a lot of things, beats me and I can never understand why people do wheelies, one slip and its curtains. Stoke Manderville hospital is close to me and the number of young bikers under 20 who will never walk again is alarming. only yesterday 2 bikers I guess showing off sped past me on a very narrow country road plus a line of cars and nearly came a cropper with an oncoming van. Sadly these type of riders do give the rest of us a bad name and BJP those riders you and your Mum experienced shouldn't be allowed on the road full stop

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 25/08/2013 07:38  

I dont think theyre 'bikers' in the accepted term,its a case of the SK8TER BOI moving up a notch or 7,its just another form of transport/getting around on to them,its in the states,only a matter of time before it came here.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 25/08/2013 11:01  

>:(
Such a shame - I hope your mum is ok? I also hope she doesn't think we are all like that....:(

Update Reply
MjN @ 27/08/2013 21:17  

IMO the motorcycle press don't help either, even to the point of moaning about speed cameras and sneaky cops with lasers etc. One guy wrote in MCN last week asking the papers lawyer, can i get away with riding on the pavement in a busy (blocked) street.

NO YOU CAN'T, you MUPPET!!!!!!

And even the journalists concentrating on speed and power can't be helpful?!?!?!? Sometimes, some 'bikers' don't help with their arrogance and downright rudeness. Sign of the times though innit?

my 3 pennurthworth.

Update Reply
DukeZ @ 27/08/2013 22:24  

People like that who intimidate other road users need their licences revoking, their bikes confiscating and selling to raise money for charity. As I see it, part of the joy of biking is practicing your skills on the road, enjoying the bends and making safe progress, not dicking about. Whenever I'm inclined for outright speed I enter a properly organised ACU sprint, you can soon see just what you and your bike are capable of, wheelies and drama are par for the course usually and grins all round. Track days cater for those who love corners/competition, the road is the wrong place.

Update Reply
DynamicDave @ 31/08/2013 14:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email