MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

New tyre wearing in a strange way !!

New tyre wearing in a strange way !! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] New tyre wearing in a strange way !! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

New tyre wearing in a strange way !!

Will do pal .... Can you post videos on here ??

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 07/09/2013 17:42  

Sadly no mate I did suggest it a while ago But you can post a "youtube" link on here That would be one solution

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/09/2013 18:20  

If you do end up sending the tyre off back to Metz, and worried that they could deny anything about it, if it was me as well as taking close up pics, I'd also be taking a photo of the tyre with your Reg plate number in the frame if you can, even if you have to unbolt it to hold it near the tyre when taking the photo.

That way if you do end up having to take legal/other action and need to prove that you had the tyre you can. And if they want the original invoice, make sure you scan/photocopy that to! As I've had companies in the past saying they've not received/lost it and without the invoice your screwed for proof you've bought it.

Hope that's of some help to you?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2013 20:50  

Had Similar hassles with bridgestone a few years back, denies there was anything wrong with their tyre that had clearly overheated and shredded in 400 miles... wouldnt have minded cept it werent a super sticky, jus common road tyre.....
Anyway, point is... There is no reason for you to deal with metz/pirelli yourself. Under UK law the shop that sold you the tyre should be sorting it and if they cant prove theres nothing wrong with it then they should be replacing it or refunding you the money.
On a different note.... Look up Fred Furlong on facebook (Furlong Tyres), he only does bike tyres and been doin it for years, show him the pics etc and he may shed some light on the matter or at least be able to help you out.
Fred caters for drag/sprint/circuit racers the lot..... So he's def seen a stressed tyre or two in his life

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 22/09/2013 07:53  

Thanks for that pal. I will look Fred up as you suggest but as for my tyre dealer he's still not replying to my nail so next step is a final email to him followed by trading standards and see where I stand on this matter. Thanks.

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 23/09/2013 14:27  

Just put another tyre on & see if it does the same thing ?!

Update Reply
1200neil @ 24/11/2013 12:44  

wonder how retailer would stand if tyre failed and u got injured....doesnt he have 'a duty of care' to his customers?

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 06/12/2013 13:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email