MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

A biker who is blind to fear - Record Breaker hits 167 mph

A biker who is blind to fear -  Record Breaker hits 167 mph - Forums [Biker Match] A biker who is blind to fear -  Record Breaker hits 167 mph - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

A biker who is blind to fear - Record Breaker hits 167 mph

What an amazing man. For those who don't read the Metro newspaper. Every corner's a blind bend for this motorcyclist. But Stuart Gunn's inability to see where he is going has not prevented him form setting a new world speed record. He bcame the fastes blind and disabled biker on the planet after hitting 167.1 mph on Saturday. His father, Geoff, rides alongside him and uses an intercom system to tell him if he is drifting off course or needs to brake. "I hope this proves to people that just because you are blind or have a disability, doesn't mean it should change or limit your life" said Stuart from Edinburgh. "I have ridden for years with my dad and so it worked really well". The 39 year old broke his back in two places, shattered several ribs and his shoulder and was paralysded across the right side of his body in a road incident 11 years ago. But he fought back to regain some feeling in his right arm and eventually conquered the challenge of climbing back on his bike. Stuart battled crosswinds to beat the previous fastest time of 164 mph at Elvington Airfield, North Yorkshire "I am absolutely estatic and I don't think the news has quite sunk in" he said.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/08/2013 13:51  

Well done Stuart

I met him at the end of last year in my local rock bar when he was in for his fund raising night .
Nice guy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2013 18:33  

I was at this event held at Elvington

advertised as the World Wheelie Competition

Its the first time ive been to an event like this and was blown away with the the amount of skill and downright balls of steel the competitors had.

women and men alike tearing down the runway in excess of 220 mph

I even saw a turbine powered Shopping Trolley. Yes a Shopping Trolley

even the record for the fastest wheelie was broken 3 times on the sunday
I think it was just over 179 mph
How mad is that

Fab weekend and glad I went

Well done to all who who took part and to those who organised the event

Update Reply
buxton @ 21/08/2013 20:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email