MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Cruiser curious....!

Cruiser curious....! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Cruiser curious....! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Cruiser curious....!

Hefty price tag though pal ?

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 15/08/2013 12:06  

Yeah but theres been no mention of a budget so..........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2013 12:44  

It's one I'm looking at adding to mine with I must admit .... It's an amazing bit of kit in my opinion.

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 15/08/2013 13:55  

I pick up my Triumph rocket 3 Touring tomorrow WOOT WOOT

Tenere for play time still but heading off into Europe in a few weeks to try out the rocket....... well be rude not too lol

Update Reply
madscots @ 15/08/2013 23:48  

Hmm, lots of things to consider, so thanks to all. Will come up with a shortlist and find some to look at....

Update Reply
Purplebikerboy @ 18/08/2013 05:07  

just buy a harley and have done with it

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 18/08/2013 17:24  

This is Purplebikerboy's earlier comment GS .......

I think I'll narrow it down by a process of elimination.

Get rid of the too heavy, the too ugly, the too expensive and the just plain weird and see what that leaves me with....

I think thats all Harleys out the window

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 18/08/2013 23:25  

What a sad lot of people i agree with GS if you don't like it don't tell other people they shouldn't like it too.I've got a honda gold wing trike it suits me i don't see the point of riding to fast,i like to see the scenery go by not a blur.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 20/08/2013 09:19  

I joined this site because i thought there was i lot friendly people on it but low and behold not true.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 20/08/2013 09:36  

naaah mate its whats called banter.we are a really nice bunch and love a bit of banter is all just some take it way tooo serious pmsl x

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 20/08/2013 10:05  

love and hugs peeps x

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 20/08/2013 10:08  

Gl blue there on every site mate but there are far less on here

Update Reply
JP @ 20/08/2013 11:08  

Also zzr is right... there is a lot of cheeky banter on here... plus the fact, most people know each other in real life so know how to take those cheeky comments....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 20/08/2013 11:09  

Aye everyone likes to have a bit of fun now and again and mind trikes are just cars with 3 wheels not a bike

hehehe

With so many members and different folk it happens, also give 5 people the same message they will all read it differently.

Life is too short to worry about it fella

Update Reply
madscots @ 20/08/2013 15:12  

Hey purple biker boy , Ive got a Triumph Thunderbird 1600 , Its heavy but handles like a dream , my mate has got a suzi 1800 r and that rides like a dream as well , the Triumph extras are expensive , but you can pick them up now 2 - 4 years old with hardly any miles on the clock with everything from the screen to the panniers from between £6500 to 8500+ as opposed to 10k+ new. I had 2 weeks going to Austria and back , no problems , with a long haul seat to sit on , comfy as hell , 200 to 250 miles per tank depending on how you ride . If you service it yourself that would be the way to go as servicing by Triumph is very expensive . Oh and find yourself a good set of tyres as they can be expensive every 5- 7 k again depends how you ride , lots of torque and lots of fun , ive been riding around with a big cheesy grin on me face for the last 2 years , same as my HD friends. Hope that helps a bit , cant comment from a sports point of view as the last time i road a nuts and guts bike was 30 years ago. Have fun.

Update Reply
bobdog @ 20/08/2013 19:29  

Good choice Bobdog, but I would say that wouldn't I. Ride Safe

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 20/08/2013 19:36  

jph thanks for the info not done this site thing before.Didn't mean to have a pop at anybody, just thought advice is better than adversity..
cheers

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 20/08/2013 19:47  

Hey madscot bet you wouldn't say that to del boy trotter.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 20/08/2013 19:50  

Bobdog - thanks for the reply. The main problem I have with a hefty bike is that I have to get it through my garden gate and into my shed - its ok with my 170kg cbr, but an m1800 weighs 350kg, and probably wouldn't fit in my shed!
I've always liked the T-bird 900 sport, and also the old kwak ltd thou, but it would be hard to find a good one now. Will drag my indecisive butt around a few bike shops at the weekend and throw a leg over a few possibles....

Update Reply
Purplebikerboy @ 21/08/2013 03:56  

the TBird is about the same weight as the 1800m and awkward to manoeuvre but a good ride. The America is a nice ride aswell , but like you said , best go and have a try ,on the plus side its free biking for an hour + .

Update Reply
bobdog @ 21/08/2013 18:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email