MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Have you seen the New Indians?

Have you seen the New Indians? - Forums [Biker Match] Have you seen the New Indians? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Have you seen the New Indians?

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-uk/home

Tell me what you think........I love em

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2013 19:55  

i dident see any arrows

Update Reply
kaycat @ 08/08/2013 20:15  

get the wagons in a circle!!!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/08/2013 12:16  

pretty.....pretty expensive..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/08/2013 12:17  

Read the comments, people reckon they are very Victoryesque
They admire polaris for taking on Harley but some say that
They won't be in production long. They have plans to increase
Thier stable and produce more affordable bikes such as sportsters
Lets wait and see

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2013 12:53  

haha.... I like the "advanced technology" on the Chieftan ---- yep, now comes with locks n the saddlebags
Harley must be quaking... if only they'd thought of that!!

Update Reply
justjerry @ 09/08/2013 23:34  

Typical Yanks Trying to drum up some "brand loyalty" for a forgotten marque I think it's a travesty To drag such a revered name as Indian Into a 21st century marketing war

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/08/2013 23:37  

real indians and their owners won't give a damn,emzed...they know Indian were making a far superior product for much of their (patchy) lifetime..without the bribery and army contracts scandals of ww2,harley would be making shoelaces by now...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 10/08/2013 11:44  

Brands, marketing, that's the price we pay for living in a system that rely on company's jockeying to make you part with your cash. BMW did it or rather are doing it with the MINI but on the question of bringing the Indian back to life well if Polaris get it right it can only be a good thing, it might even make Harley's cheaper. I actually like the retro look just can't afford the £20,000 price tag but I can dream......

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 11/08/2013 07:09  

If looks were anything to go by then i would have to say the Indian is very close to the top of the tree, it does have a touch of the retro look to it.
Why do people slate a company for trying to re kindle a bike that is a renowned classic, 20K is a lot of money, I agree but what would an original cost? And how much oil would be on your garage floor?
In my opinion, if the build quality is good, and it handles well then I reckon they might be on to a winner. Don't forget that Harley make bikes in excess of £20k and they sell a lot of them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2013 08:40  

2.3 billion dollar bail out from the U.S goverment ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2013 14:54  

Have I seen the new Indians? No but the cowboys have been round trying to sell me a conservatory!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2013 15:33  

so...in conclusion...not many of you are hopeful? General consensus is overpriced, not a serious competitor to HD, probably won't be around long, nothing too different to whats out there at the moment.

Great looking Machines though...wouldn't you agree?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2013 17:52  

BTW.....do you know if they will be sold through existing Victory dealerships or will Indian be a seperate Franchise?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2013 17:53  

From what I've read they will be sold through the Victory dealerships, and if Polaris are true to form they will do very well no matter what we may think. There's a market out there and Polaris will exploit it and give HD a run for their money. I want to hear from people that have rode them or and purchased then we will get a true picture. Lets restart this thread in 12 months time

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 12/08/2013 18:15  

I absolutely love them - will check them out when I find out where the nearest dealership will be

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 12/08/2013 18:24  

New Indians coming to Robinsons Foundry Canterbury end of Sept/beginning Oct

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2013 09:45  

Think Harley will take them as very serious,Outragous pricing but it goes hand in hand with H-D,as long as the engines aint made of bits from china and korea like H-D's are and they'll do well and get a good name just like Victory,the only thing H-D had was the styling was origional with heritage and not inspired/copied or trying hard to take on the japneeeeez,Victory as Triumph were/are in some cases.The Indians look like an Indian from the 50's the yanks will love them,the europeans will love them and customise them.Personally?.....i think a a rich guys toy here.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 21/08/2013 01:28  

Thanks for your Input fxr...the Indians are not priced too far ahead of HD...it is 18K for a Streetglide and 18k base Indian...I know what I would rather have.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2013 09:11  

18k puts me and lots of others out the running,its too much for a mainstream production bike,need a feckin mortgage these days and then its a fortune to do anything to them at a stealership, my mate will testify,nearly knakered twincam engine cos of cheap parts used in the factory (cam chain shoes)and then the 'dealer 'using the wrong bits to fix the problem,that you buy as a kit from S&S ! just aswell im happy with my FXR. I just think its getting ridiculous the money involved.There thats my Victor Meldrew moment done.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 21/08/2013 10:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email