MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Sat navs

Sat navs - Forums [Biker Match] Sat navs - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Sat navs

I would be greatfull if anyone can give me there views on various sat navs available biker ones only, been told the original tom tom rider wasnt good,the new tom tom 2 good but expensive them been told to look at garmin zumo 500 so im not shure what to buy as far as the best value for money

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 05/09/2007 21:11  

Yea but have u seen the cost of the bike ones! Far more expensive than the car ones and you've gotta buy a bracket too which is expensive

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/09/2007 03:04  

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sp/sat_navs.html

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/09/2007 03:22  

dunno about sat navs on bikes sommat else to take youre mind of your ridin split second eyes of the rd[or listening to directions] dead!get your route sorted in your in your head,stop and work your work out now an then with a coffee!!ifind its so much easier to find ones way on a bike than a car[specially citys!],you can stopmore more orless anywhere an check,where yu are, an turn anywhare if yu make a mistake!my mate uses sat nav in his car - thing cocks up with longest routes an that bloody voice !!his eyes are constantly lookin at this small screen,!!mind yu there is the other nightmare scenario of the driver with a map on the steerin wheel [an arguin couples!]so guess yu cant win!!theydo voices now of film stars who would yu like on yours?i would have clint eastwood![if i had to!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/09/2007 09:01  

last message went to cyber pace!!!i would rather have john wayne actually!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/09/2007 09:04  

I've got a zumo 500 graham and its fab. I use it in my car every day which is how i justify the cost. extra cost is down to making the unit pretty bomb proof and water tight. cant say ive had major problems with it. comes with pc software so you can make up route before hand and download to the unit. I'll have it on the bike at matlock so you can have a play matey.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 06/09/2007 15:15  

never needed it,cant see a reason for it![unless maybe yure a courier!] i have made it anywhere wiv jus lookin at a map!writin down a few names on a list an go! rather chill out in a roadside cafe an look ata map than listen to uncle tom an get stressed[an broke]!!boyzs toyz no need!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/09/2007 18:45  

also wheres the challenge of gettin somewhere on youre own merit [ex boy scout!]instead of relyin on big brother computer!!!borin or what!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/09/2007 18:52  

hmm...state reasons for sat nav? i'm a lorry driver,sometimes with 12 drops a day,in a 44 tonne wagon...been doin it 12 years,always relyed on maps and old wpmen at bus stops..then i got a tom tom...and my working day is soooo much better...of course theres always the odd cock up,cos sat nav doesnt make provision for your height and such...but on the whole there ace! be great to "stop and have a coffee while leisurley lookin at map" but thats not real life mate

Update Reply
bumperscraper @ 06/09/2007 20:28  

I got the Garmin zumo 550. It took me thro France, Belgium and Germany all the way to Czec Republic for the Brno MotoGP, never missed a turn, guided me all the way. Bit expensive - try Morpeth Mobiles website, the price has been coming down for a few weeks

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 07/09/2007 18:38  

Thanks everyone for your input on this i have now purchased a zumo 500 as i found someone in sheffield doing a good deal on them and looks like its the best value for money

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 07/09/2007 20:52  

Lets not forget the SD card mp3 player!! works through my autocom

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 07/09/2007 21:09  

Many posts (nearly ALL) have been deleted or edited. I don't want to see any more arguing. I also don't want to see the F word, S word, C word, etc etc etc... or abreviations thereof. Come on, lets keep it friendly and clean.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/09/2007 08:10  

hiya fjr,me find garmin quest brill, bike fitting r xtra, but you can fit it dam near any place on ur bike, check out ram mount's, the down side is the moaning bitch keep's telling me i'am off route/women.lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2007 13:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email