MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

well i let nerves get the best of me

well i let nerves get the best of me  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] well i let nerves get the best of me  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

well i let nerves get the best of me

The trip out is sunday 25 aug. Its on the events thread. Dont worry about the ride though as it is going to be aimed at everyone regardless of experience or engine size. I'm not super speedy so more than happy to pootle along whilst those who want to go a bit faster can do so.

Will have to do an alternative ride to Chester though so as to not include the motorway, but I have no doubt those who have more experience will be able to suggest a route.

Dont worry if you cant come, there will be another ride out soon

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 30/07/2013 22:12  

i will im trying to get road worthy befoe my bday party so i can ride up there xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2013 22:22  

You will do it vampy, unfortunately there isnt a cure for nerves that I know of, but nerves can actually be helpful and ensure that you focus although I know that sounds strange.. I have a good idea, get on a pushbike and get some cones or bricks and just go round them slowly its the same thing really, a pushbike tips the same way, do it over and over... it may help with your balance and nerves a little

Update Reply
fluffy @ 31/07/2013 00:37  

thank you for the advice everybody xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2013 00:38  

VM, booked CBT for one sunday in the summer of 2009. Wasn't ready to progress by the end of the day so had to go back in the week. Dropped bike & hit ground & cracked ribs....went away & licked wounds

Re-booked to do CBT with my best friend in 2010. Dropped bike in morning & by end of the day I hadn't progressed enough to complete CBT....my friend did (gggrrrr). Went back & completed it next day (although I dropped the bike on a mini roundabout on a gradient, my instructor still allowed me out on the road! )

Rode my 125 for 2 yrs, covered 4000 miles, did some epic rides on challenging roads, but cos I spent too long buggering about before passing my test, CBT ran out & had to re-do it....VM I STILL struggled with those friggin cones!!!!

Some people can cope in the artificial environment of a CBT or test site & just do it so easily straight away....but some can't. It's not necessarily a reflection of how good a rider you will be once you are out on the road in the real environment. Hang on in there, please don't be too discouraged & don't let those demon cones get the better of you....once you are through this you can kick those b**tard vile things and shout HA, bugger you, I'm off out on my bike!

PS, I took Kalms herbal remedy but you need to start taking them a few days before hand xxx

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 31/07/2013 01:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email