MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.

2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] 2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.

@ 'wanted' , that's brilliant news San , I'm pleased you're going to be joining us ,and a very big thankyou to Big Ray and Richard The Border Reivers An historical name for a bunch of hysterical bikers, I love it Midges? midges? aye lad plenty to go around, you'll get your fair share.lol I always camp by the lochside coz it's V beautiful , the midges like it too. It's no big deal [especially if you're a masochist lol] Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 06/08/2013 10:00  

If I know how many will be there on Saturday I will make a curry for Saturday night??

Update Reply
BigRay @ 06/08/2013 20:27  

lol at steve , thats a good idea i never thought of that, if you had charged us 50p per squirt of your avon potion that you had with you could have got your drink paid for lol well maybe a small portion of it anyway

hate the little buggers defo Midge net for me and a big fire would do the trick also i recon

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 06/08/2013 22:02  

Love a good fire! The smokier the better for keeping midges away, but that makes it not quite so nice to gather around - every silver lining has its cloud!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 06/08/2013 23:31  

yea this is true and your clothes end up smelling like a bbq , mmmm smoke or midgys , thats a tuff one

sod it toasted marshmallows it is, someone can bring logs and il bring petrol

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 07/08/2013 01:09  

Bugger my subscription has ended. And I need new tyres so it will have to wait.
See you all there.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 07/08/2013 19:16  

sound see you down there mate safe trip

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 07/08/2013 19:26  

The Border Reivers consisted of English and Scottish folk from the late 13th century, they raided the Borders of Scotland and England sometimes as far as Yorkshire.
They rode using horsepower and ponies and were kitted out with body armour and tin helmets, and were considered among the finest light cavalry.
During the summer they lived in tents beside the lochs and at night even today if you listen carefully, their cry can still be heard after dark,
''Gie's a break midge bugger'' !! and '' Oh look twa flying pigs'' !!! pmsl!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2013 22:07  

hee hee i like that , altho there is a reason why i dont like them tho , its a skin thing , but still i enjoyed the story tho

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 08/08/2013 00:03  

aye good story scotdick.
lets nominate sd as our bard :-)
we will be coming up to tibby's saturday morning, but as i expect you will all be catastrophically hung over we will no doubt be in time for a ride. if not someone text me the route and we will catch up with you.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/08/2013 21:56  

Hi Steve, I have your number from the Dent weekend but I'm sure others have it too. If we head off before you arrive we'll put down breadcrumbs.
Of course you'll no have a tent to pitch when you arrive, which saves time.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/08/2013 00:18  

hi just to let you know steve will be up on the saturday 24th on a course till friday23rd

Update Reply
wantedpillyseat @ 13/08/2013 12:42  

Il be over Friday afternoon ish :)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 14/08/2013 22:09  

yup me too , what time is everyone getting there for on friday? and is it free ? no camping charges or anything

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 15/08/2013 00:52  

'fraid very little is free these days and the camping isn't an exception:
Single Person£7.00 pnSmall Tent (2 people)£10.00 pnLarge Tent (3-6 people)£14.00 pn

but, in the scheme of things, it's good value for a weekend with such great company!
I'll be over on Friday afternoon too and I'll put the kettle on as soon as I'm pitched, might even start a fire!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 15/08/2013 10:21  

hi izzy thanks for clearing that up, i wasent sure as there was no mention of prices but thats cool i shall see everyone on friday afternoon thanks

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 15/08/2013 16:28  

Hiya Shaz , sorry about forgetting to mention the charges . The reality is that the charges seem to vary according to Al's hangover and the weather. At easter he charged me a fiver for the whole wknd.
I'm looking to be there around lunchtime friday .
Dusty x
The weather forecast is outstanding , could be another wet Tshirt wknd xxx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/08/2013 20:01  

hi dusty good to hear from you mate, yea the air conditioned t shirt is a great idea and it looked to work a treat lol, prices no probs just wasent sure , sounds fantastic as up north was soo hot the whole time we were there so fingers crossed , see you there chears

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 15/08/2013 20:47  

Where're you getting your forecast Dusty? I don't even believe what they say about this weekend let alone next (that's if I can find one that far ahead)!
No matter, it's the company we gather for and I'm looking forward to it.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 15/08/2013 23:46  

Hi Izzy, The Weather Channel . 10day forecast .
Coz it's always sunny on a 10dayer, lol
Of course if the weather is atrocious we can always sit in the pub all wknd.
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 16/08/2013 12:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email