MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Good Luck Graham

Good Luck Graham (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Good Luck Graham (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Good Luck Graham

U got a response saying ur too old? Surely that's illegal (Note it's illegal in employment for older generation people, yet its ok for insurance companies to screw me over big time cos im young - but that's another story lol).

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/09/2007 06:47  

That is tue what Matts saying Graham.Get back on to 'em & tell 'em you're reporting 'em & see if they offer you a job then if not,report 'em any way something will turn up mate just when you least expect it to.I got offered both jobs today but havent said yes yet to either one,got to see what happens on Friday yet,see which on e offers the most money 'cause I like money.you can buy beer & bike stuff with money

Update Reply
Oggy @ 05/09/2007 10:42  

good luck in the job huntin graham

Update Reply
RC @ 05/09/2007 10:44  

Well good luck boys really hope things turn out good for you both though don't expect me to cross anything lol.I think where age is concerned,these companies dont state that you're too old,they just use any excuse as a loophole.It is really annoying, when older people are more reliable, generally speaking.Anyway all the best again.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2007 15:22  

Well done Oggy,Thats great news,the Newkys on you then????

Still got evreything crossed for you Graham

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2007 15:28  

hey Congrats Oggy - hope you get the same response on Friday!! Graham - keeping fingers crossed for ya!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 05/09/2007 15:33  

Thank you cassie and holmfirthgirl your too good you know its realy nice having friend rooting for ya If i get this job you will all get a drink off me thats the least i can do cheers all of you

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 05/09/2007 21:20  

Graham it is totally illegal to tell you you`re too old for a job, is against employment law an you need to look into that. Best of luck, keep your chin up and keep looking

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 05/09/2007 21:26  

Well done Oggy... tried to say that earlier but i was driving lol... you`re such a confident bleep lmao

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 05/09/2007 21:27  

Cheers Claire & confident shy as a lamb me Graham,what field are you in? Companies are screaming out for engineers down here mate.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 06/09/2007 02:33  

Claire - Re the age thing. Why are insurance companies allowed to tell people like me that we're too young for them to insure? Even with no claims made, no speeding tickets and not even a parking ticket! Is this not a case of guilty until proven old? Age laws apply to everyone, except the young who are supposed to be protected by them. Oh, and there are age discrimination acts now Graham (As of 2004 I think) as well as the employment laws, so you should not accept your age being an excuse for them (I'd suggest recording calls which is easy to do on a mobile).

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/09/2007 03:19  

Good point Matt,recording calls, though you do legally have to make the other party aware you're recording the call & get their permission to do that.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 06/09/2007 05:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email