MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What DO you wear under your leathers in this heat ?!!

What DO you wear under your leathers in this heat ?!! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] What DO you wear under your leathers in this heat ?!! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What DO you wear under your leathers in this heat ?!!

well there is an image
Aldi's compression breathable cycling shorts...not attractive, but cool enough.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 06/09/2013 10:20  

am finding this is no longer a problem?

good old British weather ;-)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 13/09/2013 09:52  

Was out this morning early and cooold !

Time to consider this subject again ! I wore my running gear underneath - silky but breathable and 'thin' - so I dont have to worry too much about that extra layer of material - making it so that I cant breathe so good !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2013 10:01  

You are right Jood, its getting chilly now, running or cycling clothing is good, but I also wear some Oxford chill out thermals which are really good, very thin, and I always wear a good buff And if its really chilly thin waterproofs over the top

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 14/09/2013 08:37  

can't beat M&S thermals when it gets colder....and its cheaper than Oxford stuff. Looking good Mr P....loving the new photos....

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 14/09/2013 09:07  

Cheers Jo, trying to keep up with Posh in the photo stakes

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 14/09/2013 09:13  

I like a man that tries !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2013 09:27  

What about your hands, I have a nightmare with gloves, to thin, to thick, to hot, to cold, I think the only time my hands are comfy is when its about 21 degrees c and dry. Must have 10 pairs of different gloves.

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 14/09/2013 12:29  

Wear thermal goves under my normal ones, but still suffer, am thinking about lithium battery heated gloves

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 14/09/2013 16:48  

Now your talking

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 14/09/2013 17:45  

Try this http://www.heated-motorcycle-clothing.co.uk/index.html

Update Reply
Emzed @ 14/09/2013 17:58  

Cheers Z, how good are they, hopefully won't need any for a while yet

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 14/09/2013 19:57  

I've had no personal experience with this equipment But the reviews look good The gear is a little on the expensive side But then again, quality comes at a price Lets hope we have a "balmy" autumn Have you tried heated grips Plumbski Or hand guards Of course there's the "old school" practise of mittens Which can take some getting used to if you normally only use two or three fingers on the brake But it works on the principle that each digit keeps its nieghhbour warm I once managed to acquire a pair of "partial" mittens Three fingers in a mitt, leaving thumb and forefinger free They were brilliant but they were in the topbox when some scrote nicked my moped in Scarborough I've never seen another pair since (not looked TBH ) But they may still be available

Update Reply
Emzed @ 14/09/2013 20:16  

Yes I have had heated grips in the past, and there great, also had wrap overs which take some getting used to, never tried heated gloves, and I wouldn't like to take a tumble with them on, you just can't beat leather

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 14/09/2013 20:34  

I was going to have heated grips but it knocks the number of modifications up and I've been told would increase my insurance premium. These look a really good alternative.

The inner gloves look great and they do small sizes as well .....maybe next month .....not cheap but if they work, well worth it. I like the fact they heat the thumb as well as a lot dont.

Thanks MZ

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 14/09/2013 20:45  

I was pilly on a bike last winter and after about five mins of being on the back seat - I felt this 'warm' feeling on my derriere - bit like when you 've wet yourself (if ya can remember what thats like !) I took several mins before I realised that I hadn't wet myself - I was sitting on a heated seat !! It was YUMMY !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2013 20:55  

Black kev jeans cut down thin t shirt kev jacket in summer with plenty of nivea cool kick spray does it for me ,,,,,, leathers in winter

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2013 08:41  

Heated seat now that sounds to good, on my Blade the seat heats from the underseat exhaust, to warm in summer sometimes, on the TL the exhaust just burns your ankles, cant win really

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 15/09/2013 10:52  

got heated grips & seats on the Trumpet, now we both have heated vests.......roll on winter!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 15/09/2013 13:18  

got heated grips & seats on the Trumpet, now we both have heated vests.......roll on winter!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 15/09/2013 13:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email