MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

re friendship

re friendship - Forums [Biker Match] re friendship - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

re friendship

can anyone answer me a question? why is it when on here people join and put in their profiles that theyre looking for mates/riding buddies yet when you offer to ride out with em they completly ignore you??? or is this site just full of ignorant f**kwits who are so up their own ass that theyre better than everyone else????

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 14/07/2013 18:40  

Well ZZR don't hold back, seriously though some people are strange but it takes all sorts to make the world go round, I've experienced similar but I just think "it's their loss" and move on.
I've found peeps with certain bikes only ride with the same peeps, status symbol and all the crap that goes with that.
On the up side I've found some really genuine people on here that just enjoy meeting fellow bikers for the simple reason of experiencing meeting new people who simply love riding bikes and nothing more.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 14/07/2013 19:20  

Some folk, in my personal experience, read their messages and then leave it a while before they reply to them, could that be the case Debs? Does the person have PM credit, if not they can't reply? If not either of those, and no other valid reason, then I'm disappointed cos it's just good manners to reply to messages, in MHO

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/07/2013 19:28  

yeah i agree gadget and without tarring everyone i have found that "some"sportsbike riders are the worst cos they think theyre rossi or summat and how could we possibly keep up lol.and your right its their loss.i too have met some of the most amazing people on here and made some amazing friends male and female although i have to be truthful and say most of the women ive met tend to ignore me!! but the few i have made friends with ie: heidicats,ninjalou,gotbikeneedpilot,karey,gingerjen, alice,guiness rider,suzi,sunset2 to name a few are some of the nicest women ive ever met just most of the peeps ive met live long way away so harder to ride out

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 14/07/2013 19:31  

yeah i see what your saying sandi but its normally plain ignorance i know of a couple of women on here that ive invited for rides out/meet ups etc who others have done the same and weve all been ignored lol maybe their scared we will out ride em or summat pmsl but as i and gadget says their loss!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 14/07/2013 19:34  

heidicats,ninjalou,gotbikeneedpilot,karey,gingerjen, alice,guiness rider,suzi,sunset2 to name a few are some of the nicest women ive ever met You wouldn't be a psychiatric nurse in Strangeways, by any chance?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2013 23:02  

Ignor you Debs how the hell could any one do that?

Id like to invite you guys down for a spin this way, good roads nice pubs, and maybe some good company.

Ohh and PS if they think that your not good enough its them that are not good enough....i know where your coming from theres many a shiney leather rider that looks down there nose at me. Remeber all the gear no idea.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2013 23:56  

I'd pick 4 of those names too Debz...........only cuz i aint met the others. Believe I met you too once at Bassetts last year ? Pilly day It's Heidi's fault I'm on here anyway what you say about some Sportsbike riders, there is still a big hole in the hedge down the road from where i work where one of them ran out of talent. I doubt he managed to polish the damage out. save it for the track. Too many if/what/maybe's on public roads.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 15/07/2013 00:08  

Omg! I feel like ive won an oscar.... Can i do a proper speech, with tears n everything? Go on, let me pleeeeeeeaaaasse!

In all seriousness debz, i would say ...its easier to focus on a select few, who u know are not gonna let ya down, rather than those who, for whatever reason, will make the right noises wen chatting but aunt got bottle to join in. The thing to remember is always offer the hand of friendship, be true to your own values and yeah, if they choose to act like numptys, f##k em!

You are a feisty, gobby, forthright woman, with a warped sense of, humour and a straight forward outlook on life there is no beating around the bush with you. Oh yeah, n you got one hot guy too (wen youve finished with him, i do not mind secondhand goods... Send him round..lol). The thing is, as i have found out myself, alot of peeps cant handle that! If they cant, then dont worry about em, they aint worth the hassle.

Hear endth monday morning's sermon.

Now go out there grab life by its dangly bits n enjoy!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/07/2013 07:27  

Must say I prefer riding with ladies generally as you don't get the mad overtakes and speed for the sake of speed.

I have one male riding buddy but he lives 140 miles away so we don't get out together as much as we would like.

Other than that the soon to be ex-wife is a brilliant rider, and has always been my riding buddy but while we intend on riding together in the future it won't be often.

End of the day give some of us blokes a chance too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 08:18  

@rce, you aint too far from @stuie i think i can say he wont mind going out for a bimble, give him a shout. Maybe you cud join us if debz n fabulous russ.(dont tell russ i called him that!) Visit stu in the near future? Obvs im inviting myself along too stu, but then again as i say .. shy bairns get nowt!

As for speed, well... Hold on @ rce ... You might be surprised!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/07/2013 08:47  

Send russ down when your finnished indead cheeky mare! Feeling like a gooseberry now..

Yea up for a ride out more the merrier.

Of course your coming along for a blatt L its the law plus i need some help keeping my back warm ;-)

Debs you guys are welcome to come down for a ride out, theres a place for you guys to stay if its too far for a day trip and a ride out, waiting and as a double bonus a pub with in 100 yards away.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 10:05  

@rce im with you chap i prefure riding with girlies too, the leathers look a lot nicer, especialy if there leading ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 10:06  

@Stuie very true about the leathers, how come women's leathers never get the baggy bum look like mens?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 12:35  

BOYS! (tut!) Itsamazing how boys can always manage to get the convo round to women in leather @Stuie ... Obviously I invited myself cause I know you would be too embarrassed to extend 'the hand of friendship' - tee hee! Anyway Debz the question is when ya gonna visit Stu and cause mayhem in the local pub, after a day riding the roads around his ikkle purdy cottage?! @RCE, you gonna be brave and join in then?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/07/2013 13:49  

Oh, Debz forgot to mention its a given that the fabulous Russ MUST be with you!! I think that I my have to fend Stu off, he's got a secret crush on Russ !

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/07/2013 13:54  

will speak to his royal self tonightand let yoi know chick :) x

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/07/2013 15:06  

What's everyone upto this weekend? Fancy a trip out somewhere?

Update Reply
OMNF @ 15/07/2013 19:03  

Cock 'O' the North Road* Races @ Olivers Mount Scarborough 20/21st

I hope to be there

+1

*more like a garden path, awesome

makes most curcuits look like motorways

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/07/2013 19:24  

circuits, Em, circuits Tan Hill on Sat, but Sunday...?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2013 19:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email