MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Long Running Script

Long Running Script - Forums [Biker Match] Long Running Script - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Long Running Script

Matt I keep getting the following pop-up whenever I click to view another page 'bikermatch.co.uk is not responding due to a long running script' and it also has a ' stop script' icon next to it, once I press this, or just wait a few minutes, the page frees up and I can then move on, but it happens EVERY time I try to view a page, it's even happening on the calendar; which is making my job a bit difficult, taking me twice as long to edit events Zzzz Help please?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/07/2013 23:07  

Right, I now know it's MY COMPUTER and not the site

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/07/2013 10:34  

I suddenly developed the same problem Sandi.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 06/07/2013 17:58  

Me too Sandi, for the last week now..grrr..takes ages to get to the next page regardless of what forum im on, its not my comp cos other places i visit are quite speedy.. i get the same msg as you ..x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/07/2013 19:30  

I've got exactly the same problem as you guys, just with BM though, all other websites appear ok. Is it a problem with BM or my computer ????

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 06/07/2013 19:41  

My been doing it for the passed week too, since I had a update from microsoft

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 06/07/2013 19:52  

Me too but its only on BM take an age to do anything on BM but not had any updates. Is there a simple fix at this end or is it a site problem as there are a few with the same issue

Update Reply
JP @ 07/07/2013 06:20  

It will probably be the server system, firewall, interrogation, illegal interrogation is someone hacking the system to find out about a person. It could be a person within the server, `checking out stats, cookeys or Mi5 looking for some one. we will never know who will press the buttons unless its got a number on it!!!

Have you watched the Planet of the Apes! don't forget we are all Monkeys with keyboards and some know how to press keys better than others!!

Update Reply
bingwing @ 07/07/2013 07:57  

I'v been getting the same problem on Internet Explorer with this site, i have to click on stop running script to get the page, other site are ok,
But if i connect on Mozilla Firefox it all works ok

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/07/2013 10:55  

I am OK on Google at the moment, until people come in and the lines, servers get loaded, Probably tea time!! `Mozilla Firefox is a good one Bill, not as much traffic.

Update Reply
bingwing @ 07/07/2013 11:57  

I posted in the main forum, (sorry admin didn't see this)
"ok I have found that clicking the compatibility icon in the address bar helps but then you get the message about rich text. but the site is quicker"
a hell of a lot quicker

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 07/07/2013 21:22  

It works for me, cheers mow

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2013 22:28  

I don't want to faff about with firefox I just want to be able to 'turn' pages at first click like before, it's driving me feckin doolally If I'm slow to repy to messages, or add your event to the calendar, this is why. I thought it was my computer because I'm experiencing the same thing on other sites. Totally confused and fed up lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/07/2013 23:38  

Well... as there are so many of us experiencing this, it can't be the individual pc. I only experience this on BM at the mo....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 08/07/2013 09:01  

from my quick investigation it seems that this is a MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER ISSUE. Some updates have been applied to IE which are screwing up Javascript applications (not just on BM but many, many website). This includes for example the Google ads that rotate around BM and also the facebook 'like' buttons etc at the bottom of every page. Using Google Chrome fixes the issue. It's a microsoft bug, not a BM issue. For now I'll disable the google ads and facebook scripts to see how it goes

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/07/2013 12:18  

Seems to run better now....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 08/07/2013 14:42  

Running super fast now

Update Reply
davidneale @ 08/07/2013 15:18  

Yayyy...brilliant..thank you Matt...x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2013 18:35  

So much quicker now, thanks Matt.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 08/07/2013 22:33  

...For now I'll disable the google ads and facebook scripts to see how it goes Wonderful! thanks Matt, it's back to its usual speedy self, no more piggin' clickin' on the icon

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/07/2013 21:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email