MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Gee thanks lol

Gee thanks lol  - Forums [Biker Match] Gee thanks lol  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Gee thanks lol

I registered with a few employment agencies a long time ago, a couple via the internet, today I got an email from one of less useful ones letting me know that my account had been closed cos I hadn't visited for a year. This is what they put: Thanks for using the site, and we hope to see you back on at some point in the future.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p>(I'm still looking for work) </o:p> <o:p>Thanks for wishing me back to unemployment, when I do get a job, how kind! PML</o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/08/2007 21:03  

Your restraint amazes me!

Update Reply
Wills @ 30/08/2007 21:24  

The idiocy of some of these places amazes me. Its like having "Please call again" on the door of an undertakers.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 31/08/2007 06:26  

Rube,most agencies are useless.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 31/08/2007 06:36  

Yeah I went through one once. I work on aeroplanes and they offered me a job as a train guard.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 31/08/2007 06:47  

Wills, that wasn't my reply to them, that was my comment in here lol I ignored their email, just like they ignored my criteria and kept sending me details of jobs that weren't suitable. I have no restraint, on Tuesday I had a hissy fit in the job centre. I'd just spent 20 mins in a meeting listening to an advisor telling me how they are there to help me find a job etc yada yada and how, if I have any issues, I can discuss any help I need with my personal advisor after this meeting. When I saw my personal advisor, to ask about funding to pay for the exam at the end of a free course, I didn't get chance to even finish my sentence when she interrupted me saying 'I don't do this as my regular job so I can't help you' I wish I could control my temper, I was so angry I stormed out when what I should have done is insisted on seeing the manager. For 2 yrs now I've been met with one obstruction after another when I've tried to find work or any help to get a job. At the moment, as some may already know, I have an appeal in for a grant to pay for new glasses. I'm struggling at moment with the glasses I have and if I have to read a lot of text for a lengthy period I start getting headache and eye ache. If my appeal is NOT granted then I will be forced to sign off sick as not only won't I be able to look for jobs I won't be able to do one if I got one, not to mention the damage it will cause my eyesight. On a previous occasion I broke my glasses and couldn't afford the £15 for repair, I was told by the social that I wouldn't be getting the money from them as they don't pay for such things. My mum helped me out that time. I have retrained, to be able to carry on working, because I couldn't continue doing manual work. I am trying to find a job but I am limited to what I do because of my physical problem yet when I ask for genuine help I am either refused or don't qualify. Then I'm put on stupid, mind-numbingly boring, courses to learn how to fill in an application form and create a C V. Taking the pi$$ or what?!! During my time with the job centre they have given me incorrect information, causing me to have to decline a job offer because I'd have been £17 worse off if I took it, and sent me to a government run recruitment agency only to be told that they don't deal with the job centre anymore. When I told an advisor at the job centre they hadn't a clue what I was on about. And these people are telling ME how to get a job?? I'm amazed they secured their own job! Restraint, what's that? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/08/2007 09:43  

Kwak,the jobcentre asked if I'd be interested in a job as a machinist so I said yes,turned out it was a sewing machinist they wanted.I'm an engineer

Update Reply
Oggy @ 31/08/2007 10:08  

ROFLMHO well aint that just typical of the good ol' J C advisor?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/08/2007 10:30  

Have no time for insensitive people and their thoughtless comments... best of luck Kwak with your job hunt. What kind of work are you looking for??

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 31/08/2007 13:36  

Thanks Claire Office Admin'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/08/2007 16:33  

If you`d consider NHS i`ll email a few people and see if there`s any vacancies in either hospitals or health clinics in your area... i`ll pm you once I get some feedback

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 31/08/2007 16:57  

And if you need any help with a C.V. let me know... i`m an expert at them and can knock one up for you

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 31/08/2007 17:02  

Thanks Claire, I've already tried, and keep applying for, hospitals in my area and C V is ok at mo, I appreciate your offer tho, very thoughtful of you

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/08/2007 19:10  

No problem hun... i`ll keep an eye on their internal job sites tho for you

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 01/09/2007 11:54  

Just the one eye, Claire? Let me guess...you're hungover from last nite and can only open one eye? Have you PMed all those you wanted to apologise to? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/09/2007 12:00  

lmao... have just started to feel human within the last hour and just managed to eat something!!! Ended up being a good party and didn`t get to bed til gone 4. Do I need to apologise??? oops did i say something i shouldn`t have??

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 01/09/2007 12:07  

Nope, you didnt offend anyone Claire, you were funny and informative and typed better than most pi...drunks lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/09/2007 12:20  

lol... sounds like me but christ knows what medical advice i was giving if i was drunk!!!!!!!! and i ended up having to delete most of what i was typing, slight problems with the fingers hitting the right keys lmao

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 01/09/2007 12:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email