MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Accident blackspot.M20.

Accident blackspot.M20. - Forums [Biker Match] Accident blackspot.M20. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Accident blackspot.M20.

Hi, just had an accident on the M20 junction 11 in Kent, I was lucky and only broke my collar bone and am badly bruised, bike not so lucky. Apparently they resurfaced this stretch of road in March of this year and there is a seam of overbanding about six feet wide that has been causing accidents since. It has been documented on the D>O>T. website and has been brought up in parliament. Have any other members had a problem on this stretch, Dover bound, I would love to hear . Thankyou. Accident happenned in rain on 23rd august approx 11am, another motorcycle later that day as well in same spot.

Update Reply
milemuncher @ 30/08/2007 08:56  

hmmmm sounds like the roads over here. They're all nice a shiney looking, but you DONT wanna be out in the rain. Glad you're ok, be sure to get some rest!

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/08/2007 09:14  

Get well soon and thanks for the tip about that black spot.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 30/08/2007 09:20  

Glad to hear you're ok apart from the collarbone hun. Take it easy and let's hope you recover quickly. All the best. xx

Update Reply
Di @ 30/08/2007 09:39  

Get well soon all the best xx

Update Reply
tagon @ 30/08/2007 14:03  

milemuncher, I hope you're 100% very soon, your bike too, assuming it's not completely wiped out?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/08/2007 15:19  

Sorry to hear bout your off... all the best for a speedy recovery

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 30/08/2007 15:39  

Thanks for all the good wishes, great to know i have friends out there even if i havent met you, thats what its all about. Looks like my bikes a rite off, so much for insurance!. Am i the only biker who feels shes lost a friend not a machine? Ride safe and thanks again.

Update Reply
milemuncher @ 01/09/2007 17:52  

It is mad but yes you are not alone in feeling that way about a bike. (And some cars too) Good luck with the insurance and let us know how you get on.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 02/09/2007 18:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email