MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up (9) - Forums [Biker Match] NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up (9) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up

wooo hooo looks like i dont have to go on nights for at lease another week so im deffo in weather permitting lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2013 19:15  

PM sent re timings, but it's difficult to predict TBH, also included my mobile number in the PM.

Mike (Plumbski) from Mold has kindly offered to take a stint up front leading I'm glad to say, many thanks Mike.

Hoping the weather's good

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2013 20:02  

Cmon, Ladies, I still have a pillion seat free!!! Don't be shy, get to meet folk and a fun day out. P.M. me if interested.

Update Reply
DynamicDave @ 17/08/2013 15:42  

Hi everyone, if you want a route that avoids a lot of the touristy roads (bank holiday). Maybe for the more adventurous, or if you think the group is to big etc, takes in the B5105 driver training road out of Rhuthun, roads like the B4501, A4212, B4391. Includes some lovely small Cafes, fuel at Bewtys, best bit of the A5, then 5104 maybe Ponderosa on the way back. In all about 110miles from Mold, I don't mind leading no maps etc, just a suggestion if the group gets to big or a worry. Mike

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 18/08/2013 10:16  

Always open to suggestions Mike, TBH I'd like to avoid the suggested detour to Bala, rode the first part of the route a couple of weeks back with Barb 52 and Bala was a bit of a drag and congested. Better avoided IMHO it wasn't a bank holiday weekend either.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2013 07:25  

DynamicDave has suggested a Rolling Marshall due to the size of the group. For those not familiar with the system here's a brief description courtesy of Dave:

You have your leader and tail end charlie (TEC).

If we all arrive at a junction, the leader appoints the bike behind him to stop there and tell or indicate in which direction the leader has gone. He waits for TEC to arrive whilst people pass him before he and TEC set off to catch the others.
That way no-one gets left behind accidentally. Of course TEC is always at the back wearing something distinctive so everyone can recognise them.

I'm familiar with the system having experienced it on many occasions when invited on various club runs and it works well IMHO.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2013 07:35  

Sounds good to me, avoid Bala, Llangollen, and Corwen.

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 19/08/2013 07:50  

Thank you both for sorting out the route details and to DDave for the rolling marshall suggestion. I was getting a tad concerned about keeping approx 30 bikers together.
I was going to suggest that if there are some that wish to ride a bit faster and want to add a bit more to the route, then we can split into two groups and then meet up at a designated point. That way the faster riders don't feel held up and nobody feels pushed beyond their capabilities. Just a suggestion.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/08/2013 13:59  

Also, and I'm sorry to keep asking, but I really would hate to miss anyone at the meet points. Could you please indicate which meet point you are going to be at. (NBC & a couple of others meeting us along the way in North Wales) Also please let me/RD know if you have L plates as this may have an effect on routes and avoiding motorways. Really looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Thanks Chester 10.00 am RD Force 999 Nellie Non Hot Male Batty Ali Dynamic Dave Northenden 9.00 am leaving at 9.15/9.20 RD Firestorm-x Cally Alan Malloy

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/08/2013 14:03  

Hoping to make this but have started a new job today and I'm drained after a day so I'll see how I am after a week of uncovering cock ups and disasters,I may not fancy a 300 mile ride after a week of what today has been like.Still beats signing on though which was the alternative.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 19/08/2013 21:27  

Congrats on the new job Sprint. hopefully you will feel up to it, but no worries if you cant.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/08/2013 21:54  

theres no point in having two groups rb safety in numbers i reckon & if anyone wants to ride like a bat out of hell thats ok as well just as long as the speed freaks remember where the speed cameras are plus with it be'in a bank holiday weeekend theres gonna be a few coppers hanging around i reackon lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2013 22:05  

that's a good point Franny, never thought of the policeman/speed camera bit

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/08/2013 07:15  

Most of the roads I would take you on, you won't see any police, except the A5. But that will be so busy it would be difficult to hoon around on. Hopefully the weather will hold fingers crossed.

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 20/08/2013 07:36  

I agree, the safety and integrity of the whole group is what matters. It's a fun day out, hopefully the first of many and weather permitting everyone will get the most out of it.

Update Reply
DynamicDave @ 20/08/2013 12:01  

good weather booked...and its looking good on accuweather. Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/08/2013 13:25  

nearly time :)

Update Reply
FireStorm-X @ 20/08/2013 21:28  

I know...getting giddy now. Come on Come on, all those up haven't signed up yet....its gonna be a good day out. Good weather, good riding, good company.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 21/08/2013 07:29  

Would have loved this but in the IOM for the classic. Next one I'm in. Enjoy, quality route.

Update Reply
BobbyBear @ 21/08/2013 19:15  

wow look great xxx

Update Reply
kaycat @ 21/08/2013 19:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email