MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up (2) - Forums [Biker Match] NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up

Thanks RB, just wondering if one of the mods can lock the other thread "North Wales Ride - Reprise" and add a pointer to this thread if we're decided on it to avoid confusion.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2013 06:58  

OK, I guess it's down to me to suggest a route, it's only a suggestion so feel free to change it.

Suggested meeting point:

Chester services M56 J14 and A5117 (North of Helsby) access from both motorway and 'A' roads

A55 - A494 to Ruthin

A525 - A542 to Horseshoe Pass (Ponderosa)

A542 Llangollen

A5 to Corwen

(Detour if you fancy it
A494 to Bala Lake)
A494 back towards Corwin, turn West onto A5

join A470 to Betws-y-Coed - Llanrwst

***Suggest you check your fuel at Betws-y-Coed if you haven't already done so, don't run out on Denbigh Moors***

take A 548 - A544 (South - East) Llansannan

A543 Denbigh (East)

The A548 - A544 - A543 can be a bit challenging for the novice but great experience, just be careful. There's plenty of opportunity to get some food beforehand so blood sugar and concentration levels should be well up.

A525 back to Ruthin

A494 to Mold - Queensferry and home.

Depending on what time we set off and how hungry you are there are various eating places and watering holes along the way:

The Castle Cafe at Ruthin near the river, favourite haunt of bikers and cyclists - limited space, gets real busy, good food, inexpensive, toilets.

Ponderosa, Horseshoe Pass - big enough to accomodate just about anyone, usual facilities and friendly sheep

Bala Lake - various places but can be on the expensive side and a bit touristy!

Betws-y-Coed - as above.

If there are any experienced riders who would like to lead feel free to volunteer, being a fettler & tinkerer of 30+yrs and a St Johns 1st Aider I'm better suited to chasing at the back, besides the ST4 is a cruel mistress below 50mph

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2013 12:54  

Scratch the A55 from the route, it's A494 with a short stretch of A550

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/06/2013 16:51  

Wow....thanks for that RD

Sounds fun.

Can I just ask that if there are newbies, just passed or not so confident riders, the route can be altered to accommodate this. I would hate anyone to be put off.

RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 18/06/2013 07:22  

Yeah, not a problem, as I say just a suggestion. Feel free to suggest alternatives. I'll get a map up when the final route is decided and if I get chance I'll go out and ride it beforehand.

I feel like I hijacked the thread, not meant to, just trying to get something organised in advance. I've got a couple of weeks quiet time in work so it gave me something to occupy my mind

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2013 07:41  

Rubberduckie, if you want a mod to act on your request you need to contact them DIRECTLY. I've added links, to your thread, for the 2011 event RB, I can't add an event to the calendar until all details are finalised and a post code is in place. Once that is done it can be resubmitted for entry to the calendar. Cheers

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/06/2013 10:28  

RD, trust me you are not hijacking......honestly you aren't. Just want to make sure that flexibility is there so its all inclusive of experience, engine size and the like. Wouldn't want to put anyone off. The more people coming along the better. Sandi, I have PM'd you back. I think it might just be easier to leave it as a thread and I will bump up when necessary. RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 18/06/2013 12:53  

Thanks Sandi, will do in future.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2013 12:53  

Thanks RB, I must admit I was a bit concerned about the Ponderosa, depending on the bike capacity, but there again it all depends on who's coming so I'll just give it some time.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2013 12:58  

okey dokey. My first big ride out was the North Wales trip and to be honest I missed seeing Snowden.....too scared to look at anything but the road. Them there roads have serious drops on the side and all I could think about was "you go where you look". RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 18/06/2013 13:12  

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2013 13:20  

We could do with finalising the route sometime soon and getting it on the calendar before the date gets swamped, then I can get a map up. It could always be revised slightly depending on abilities etc closer to the date, providing we keep the start point the same. I doubt there's any problems with Chester services J14 M56 just off A5117 but let me know if there is.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/06/2013 07:43  

Just remember RD,.....my right is your left Definately a good idea to get the route finalised. Come on everyone what do you thing of the route suggested, any amendments or routes you would prefer. Going to go all headmistressy now (ooh calm down....I'm the 5ft 2 round gobby shortarse remember lol)....if no-one suggests anything else in the next WEEK, then the route, meet up(s) and time(s) will be added to the events page as suggested by RD (with the proviso of revision if needed). RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/06/2013 12:51  

I've got a provisional map done, is there any way of inserting images?

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/06/2013 12:53  

also if anyone wants to bring any friends along who ride, I don't see it being a problem.....might even get em to sign up to the site if we don't scare em too much. Also had a thought (my one for the year) about not leaving out those who pillion. Anyone who is willing (and legally able) to take a pillion give a shout. RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/06/2013 14:00  

Hey RB you'll be 5,000 posts soon, congrats

You lost me with the right, left thing

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/06/2013 16:52  

Hi RD I am pretty useless with my left and right, be warned I usually mean left when I say right. Lol

I've copied and pasted things before, not sure past that, maybe one of the mods will know
RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/06/2013 17:58  

Hi RB, Well done, sounds a good idea to me, any routes fine. Count me in.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/06/2013 18:23  

Fantastic Force999, it will be a grand day out....must put the order in for good weather
RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 19/06/2013 18:35  

i'll just follow the leader any route fine with me fast riding or slow riding im easy lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/06/2013 19:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email