MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

We all need a friend!

We all need a friend! - Forums [Biker Match] We all need a friend! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

We all need a friend!

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the 4 pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes of a little boy. "Mister," he said, "I want to buy one of your puppies." "Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, "These puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money." The boy dropped his head for moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer. "I've got thirty-nine pence. Is that enough to take a look?" "Sure," said the farmer, and with that he let out a whistle. "Here, Dolly!" he called. Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse. Slowly another little ball appeared, this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up... "I want that one," the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, "Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would." With that, the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so, he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands." With tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup. Holding it carefully, he handed it to the little boy. "How much?" asked the little boy... "No charge," answered the farmer, "There's no charge for love." The world is full of people who need someone who understands.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 13/05/2013 13:09  

Ha ha the room is getting smokey in here .... Ya soft git ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/05/2013 16:09  

i like that.

Update Reply
xj @ 13/05/2013 22:52  

Rags

Brought a to me eye and a lump to me throat

Update Reply
Emzed @ 14/05/2013 00:08  

awwr a lovely endin...

Update Reply
whitedove @ 14/05/2013 16:05  

Fillin up !

Update Reply
RickM @ 14/05/2013 17:32  

Awe how lovely

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 15/05/2013 00:14  

What an appalling anti disabled story .
The moral of which seems to be ....
If you're in any way defective . Stick to your own kind.
That little pup should have bit the boy on the arse and told him to 'get a grip of himself' coz disabled is not second class.
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/05/2013 15:03  

How about the moral being you don't disregard someone or something just because they're different, like the farmer was going to with the pup.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 15/05/2013 18:18  

An old but still very moving 'story' ...That little pup should have bit the boy on the arse PML @ Dusty's comment

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/05/2013 18:40  

Nice try R1 , but I don't understand why you think a disabled person would be more likely to choose a disabled pup. Do the rest of us have no compassion?
An able bodied friend of mine has a three legged Tomcat . Do you think her pet is only suitable for a one legged child?
Being less than able bodied does not mean a person is only suitable for '' Tales to tug at the heart strings''
The world has move on from ''Tiny Tim '' in 'A Christmas carol'

Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/05/2013 19:54  

That was a very touching story

Obviously a fairy tale though... a farmer giving stuff away for free?

hahaha

Update Reply
justjerry @ 16/05/2013 12:45  

Update Reply
crato @ 29/05/2013 17:07  

My friends seem to be getting fewer, and there weren't that many to start with.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2013 17:41  

I like that story tho, I think maybe a disabled kid would choose a dog with a disability, I'm able bodied, but I'd prob pick that same little pup.

Update Reply
Elflady @ 29/05/2013 19:33  

Lovely story Rag, just a pity others see it for what it isn't!!!! I think the majority get the gist

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 29/05/2013 20:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email