MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW Calendar Policy - Please read

NEW Calendar Policy - Please read - Forums [Biker Match] NEW Calendar Policy - Please read - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW Calendar Policy - Please read

As from today B M will not be accepting weekly events for the calendar, such as pub and cafe gatherings.

This is due to most venues having no member names down and no photos.

Please feel free to continue to add one-off events for these venues as they will be accepted.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation

Sandi (Calendar Admin)

*This decision was made by the management (Matt)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/05/2013 09:41  

Moving this up the forum

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/05/2013 22:40  

good idea, most of us know the weekly meets in our own area's

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 08/05/2013 22:45  

not good for newbees thou how go to the weekly meets for the first time can look on evenys and look at the pic of them going

Update Reply
kaycat @ 12/05/2013 09:29  

Anyone going to a specific venue can post in the General forum about it and everyone, including newbies, will be able to see it for themselves. Those that read the forums that is. Alternatively, long-term members can contact newbies and let them know when there's going to be a meet-up / gathering near them.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/05/2013 14:38  

great it's about time this was done, there's to much rubbish on the calendar

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/05/2013 05:56  

Trouble is there are a lot of member's feeling disheartened at the moment due to weather lack of finance's or a multitude other reasons so there is a lack of picture's coming on to the site, so if anybody wants to see what's happening at event's best get your picture's sent in to the events page.

Update Reply
JP @ 18/05/2013 06:53  

i post pic when i go to events and did look at the weekly event to see if anyone new is going and pm then to say will seya there now i don't no if anyone new is going u can put your name down if u are not a full member it like testing the waters but i dont

Update Reply
kaycat @ 18/05/2013 20:10  

JP, lack of photos wasn't the only reason for the decision. Some members were very keen to get their weekly venues on the calendar, then just didn't add themselves to it, ever. It takes Matt a lot of time, with the technical side of things, to add an event every week for a year. I don't have the mechanical capabilities to add events every week for a year, when I have done this it's been by HAND, so you can see how time consuming that is for me. I'm afraid in this instance it was a case of 'use it or lose it'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/05/2013 13:54  

BUMPing this for those who haven't seen it

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/06/2013 22:58  

Ditto my previous post

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/06/2013 09:26  

There's a NEW notice, at the top of the submission page in large letters http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/add_event.asp

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/07/2013 09:58  

ok know i see it.

I have been trying to get Bassetts pole Reinstated.

Bassetts pole was a weekly event and i personally did the last year posting nearly all that went knew me if they put there name down and i felt this was a good meet and greet in fact quite a few people contacted me and asked me to look out for them there, because my name was on the events page, which i did as for photos that was pointless as they were only on the week you put them on and not rolling over into all weeks, and you would hard pressed to scroll through all the meeting to find a particular pic. This year i find myself on shifts and can only do 2 in 6 meets so now its not on events no newbies will be able to do contact as they used to or anyone know if they are coming as Kaykat said. as for a thread each week not sure if that will be the same. As for a lot of rubbish on the calender tuesday night is now total clear happy Bill you dont have to read anything on there

Update Reply
bic chick @ 22/07/2013 16:26  

Hi B C, you can always post in the event FORUM when you're going to be at a venue and folk can post to let you know they will be there too. Doesn't have to be every week, just keep posting in the same thread, every time you are going to be attending, like the KENT thread. Other members can PM you to discuss details, as they could before. You can PM newbies, in the area, to let them know and invite them. Photos of any events can be added to individual members' profile albums, where anyone can view them. Just cos it's not on the calendar doesn't mean it won't take place. I would like to point out that Matt does not consider weekly events to be rubbish, nor do I, the reasons for not accepting them to the calendar have been made clear on the previous page.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2013 10:35  

I know it has been suggested previously but how about a sticky topic that is titled weekly local meets and folk can post regular stuff in there? And see how that works? Or any other suggestions are more than welcome, tis a hard job trying to please everybody :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/07/2013 09:40  

As of 7th May 2013 BM stopped accepting WEEKLY events to the calendar The following is also on the 'add event' page, on the calendar Weekly events are no longer accepted to the calendar!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/08/2013 08:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email