MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

honda cbf 600

honda cbf 600 - Forums [Biker Match] honda cbf 600 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

honda cbf 600

anyone got any suggestions. sensible ones please.:-( my bike broke down about 4 miles from setting of from bum in mud rally. symtems. horrible banging noise came from engine then cutting out. when it cools down it starts up again. No not short of oil.and never has been. Since as a precaution had oil changed and filter. Incase 'Someone' has messed with it. it is being looked at by mechanic tgat knows its history of being looked after and well maitained and not thrashed. Is scratching his head.???

Update Reply
fantasia @ 01/05/2013 12:01  

how many miles has it done? What you describe unfortunately sounds like a big end bearing gone. Lots of work or another engine. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Update Reply
xj @ 01/05/2013 15:27  

As in the 'servicing' post,sounds just like my old CBX550-that was the crank middle bearing which went due to a combination of a leak from the oil cooler and general abuse by me and a previous owner-me doing 130 on it on the M1 and the previous owner using loads too much instant gasket which made its way to the oil pump strainer.Hope I'm wrong but I would start ringing breakers to price up a new engine.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 01/05/2013 20:56  

I don't mean to be funny chaps, but its difficult to diagnose an engine problem via text or over the phone making noises. So to say that the engine has blown/had it may not actually be the problem? We need to know more before a conclusion.

Fantisa, can you give anymore information?

i.e, did the engine start misfiring before the 'banging' noise, or just after?

When you restarted the engine was there still a 'banging' noise coming from the engine or was it quieter, and did it run okay or rough still?

Did someone service it before you had the problem, and perhaps not affixed something back correctly.

Has the mechanic looked at the electrical side of things as well as the mechanical side.

It's difficult to assess what is wrong with an engine/motor via a forum, and while we can all help out (which I'm sure we will do), it needs someone to logically look at everything, top to bottom as it could be another cause as well ?

Can you list everything that the mechanic has looked at/dismissed as the problem, as may help narrow something down?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2013 21:51  

As posted in servicing thread, sounds to me like crank has gone causing low oil pressure and starting to seize. Probable cause, blocked oil strainer in sump

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 02/05/2013 19:08  

Any news on this bike ?

Update Reply
Emzed @ 06/05/2013 23:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email