MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What realistically would make you happy in life.

What realistically would make you happy in life. - Forums [Biker Match] What realistically would make you happy in life. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What realistically would make you happy in life.

Sunday morning contemplation..

Some of us work too much, some don't work at all, but our everyday living seems get busier and our family life and personal life suffers. So I thought I would see what it is that people would like in life to be happy.... Now being realistic we can't all be lottery winners or inherit a fortune but something achievable with a bit of hard work and maybe a bit of luck thrown in....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2013 06:44  

My aim is to work hard for the next coming years put enough away to buy a small house ( started again in my late thirties after divorce) with a decent garage for my bikes lol and enough to not have to panic when a bill comes in like I did in my younger years... More than anything to be happy and healthy to have the time to spend with my loved ones and on my bike of course ;-)

I'm lucky I have a decent paid job but I have to work away for up-to 3 months in life threatening areas but it could all finish tomorrow but that's my plan.... How about the rest of you anyone else got an end game plan?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2013 06:51  

yeah to get my debts paid off and just be happy.im not money orientated never have been.only in debt thanx to ex-hubby.long as i got my bike,my health and a roof over my head and fuel for my bike i dont really care.

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/04/2013 08:02  

^^^^ what ZZR said, word for word It would be nice to have "a facility for creative construction and expression of art through various mediums", or fecking about in a shed as it's normally called Oh to live the dream

Update Reply
justjerry @ 21/04/2013 09:38  

migraine cure,free j.d. and a pillion like dearheart.....one outta three ain't bad....x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 21/04/2013 09:39  

same as ZZR but pay off mortgage and uproot to buy small place further out into the country ,so that I can keep couple more dogs and a pig.
( no Jinx that doesn't mean you )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2013 13:03  

to have my health back would make me happy.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2013 14:02  

If I could I'd like to have all the above, as in enough money to be comfortable so don't have to worry about bills coming in every week and stressing myself out, a nice home which would actually be mine. A nice trike and heated garage to keep it in, so when I work on it I'm nice and snug .

Seriously though... if I could I'd like to have a Chop/Trike building workshop with all the tools/machines I need to build some decent machines. But not on the scale of the likes of Orange County Choppers or West Coast Choppers, more of a down to Earth business whereby we build stuff for ordinary folk for sensibly priced money that people can afford... none of this 'blank cheque-book' stuff!
And I'd want it to be a business with a decent reputation and I wouldn't give them false promises that we can do the 'impossible'.
Ohh yeah and one last thing... it would be closed on Sat/Sun because we're too busy riding our own bikes/trikes around enjoying the Sun (when it does happen!)

I'm just off to raid the piggy-bank to see how much I've saved now, so I can start it up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2013 14:10  

To travel around the world for the rest of my days would make me VERY happy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2013 15:15  

No mortgage, money to pay bills without worrying, a house with a bit of land to grow my own veg and fruit. Thinking bigger then enough to own my own business

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 21/04/2013 18:35  

Mmmm - Health, Wealth and Happiness !! Oh and a small vineyard in the south of Italy that I could drop by every so often and take what I wanted out of the wine cellar !!

xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2013 19:46  

Just having everyone in my life happy like me.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 21/04/2013 23:04  

It may have been after reading this headline yesterday before going to work. While at work i was thinking why am i working on a sunday for poor money, always waiting for payday to come, never any funds in the bank for back up and the only thing i could think of is that i really enjoy my job. So one thing would be a job that i enjoy doing that pays over a surviving wage and a 2rd thing would be someone to share it with.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 22/04/2013 07:43  

Like Bill306 100% good health, then I could apply for any job also, like many others, enough money to be comfortable and not worry about the lack of it. I had plenty of it in the past and I don't care what anyone else says, having enough money does make one happy. My ultimate dream would be to have a home close to the beach at Southsea

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/04/2013 09:35  

Nothing materialistic, just having happiness itself.. xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2013 16:16  

Mmm money (loads of it - so that I could bathe in it every day !!) , then my familys' good health and a BIG house, and a private jet, and Thorntons chocolates for breakfast and as many Bishops Fingers as I wanted !! Oh and to pass this DAS test and get a proper bike

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2013 22:31  

peace & quiet!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 23/04/2013 22:46  

Ha ha remember the thread is 'realistically' what would make you happy, something achievable with hard work, effort and maybe a little luck.... Starting to edge a bit off track some.. Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2013 23:59  

Yeah - sorry Johnny - had a glass or two of the red stuff !! He He !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2013 09:56  

realistically..... a job i enjoy..... peeps around me who make me laugh through the good and bad times.....miles of smiles and a schexay biker fella to share it with

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2013 20:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email