MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bike Security

Bike Security  - Forums [Biker Match] Bike Security  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bike Security

Hi All .. Do we have a favorite Disk lock Also your suggestions on Padlocks and chain combinations with Ground anchors if you have one ..Or any other bike security gadget you might know about.. I need to renew mine ..Thanks

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 14/04/2013 16:44  

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/ have a look at the Almax site.. especially the 'wall of shame' and the videos of them breaking the 'sold secure' approved ones..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2013 18:09  

Wow ...Thats an eye opener Neil ...Great info there Thanks .

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 14/04/2013 18:32  

oh, I wish I knew that website yesterday. I ordered an Oxford XL this morning

Update Reply
crato @ 09/05/2013 17:15  

I don't bother with disc locks or chains. I have a Datatag system on my bike. I also have an alarm fitted. I've never had a bike stolen (so far).

Update Reply
timhall @ 09/05/2013 22:33  

I don't bother with disc locks or chains. I have a Datatag system on my bike. I also have an alarm fitted. I've never had a bike stolen (so far)I do have Data Tag and DataTool alarm fitted, but don't have any garage to park at nights and I'm scared

Update Reply
crato @ 10/05/2013 11:17  

I am a bit paranoid about leaving my bikes anywhere unless they are chained up to something. Having a bad experience off a friends bike stolen outside his parents house within just a few minutes of him arriving... i usually carry a chain with me. I used to have a pager on one of my bikes, which notified me when it got hit once.

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 10/05/2013 15:08  

Garage alarmed
Garage door defender
CCTV
Disc lock
chain round front wheel through a car tyre
Chain through ground anchor to back wheel
Chain through back wheel through two car wheels
Wired to mains electric
If they get past that lot good luck to them!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 10/05/2013 15:14  

pmsl ffs sprint!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/05/2013 20:46  

At home it's garage and bikes chained to ground anchors.
If I'm out I use a good mountain bike cable lock.

The bike has a datatool alarm but as a theft prevention item I can't see it doing any good. It would still be in the back of a van and gone if anyone really wanted it.

I stopped using disk locks years ago because it was costing me a fortune in replacement disks and causing me too much humiliation... (brmmm, wack, thump... howls of laughter from the inevitable audience).

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/05/2013 20:49  

Alarms don't work . A couple of guys can quite easily pick up a Harley and throw it in the back of a little fridge van , They're insulated . This makes them sound proofed.
If someone seriously wants your motorcycle .., it's gone . Locks and plastic alarms deter amateurs .
They're no deterant to a bike thief, doesn't matter how much you spend.
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/05/2013 21:26  

I agree Dusty but you can make it as difficult as possible for the bastards .....just enough time to put two cartridges in the barrels !! Bike thief Pro or amateur would not be getting away with my bike if Im in .. Laws have changed slightly .

Thought I better add that I have a valid firearms license ...You never know whose being looked at through theses sights ...excuse the sights/sites pun !!

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 11/05/2013 08:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email