MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Austria Alps Trip July

Austria  Alps Trip July  - Forums [Biker Match] Austria  Alps Trip July  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Austria Alps Trip July

Hi all dose anybody fancy doing a 10 day trip to Austria early in July?

Looking for a small group to do all the big passes and best biking roads staying in hotels and B&B's

Still at the drawing board state if anyone wants to have an input into making arrangements?

Regards
Chris H

Update Reply
CJH GS @ 12/04/2013 06:57  

Hi CJH

Had a Austrian girlfriend for a number of years so if would like to know a number of passes that are worth riding.
The Dolomites are great as the better runs in the Alps are in Switzerland and they are bas###ds for speeding.
If you use the motorways in Austria you will need a vinetta? its a pass that you get on the borders, sticks to the screen and you can get 1, 3, 6 or 12 month, heavy fine if you don't get one.
I would recommend going into Belguim then Germany and then Austria, it saves paying the french those toll frees and you will de coke the bike on the autobahn, just beware of the Audi's, BMWs etc as 100mph is the norm across there.
Wish I could be with you but Gabriele is coming across here in July.
Get back to me if I can help you.
Regards Neil  

Update Reply
Stokeypan man @ 12/04/2013 22:26  

Hi Neil

I hope you are well thank you for the helpful tips my friend Baz is now thinking about joining me but he can't get until August.
I was trying to escape before the kids are off school.
Thanks for your offer of help if any questions crop up we may just have to give you a shout later!
I have a mate that lives in Metheringham he keeps asking me to come over to a bike night over your way! so our paths may cross at some point if you go to them !

I have also rode a few trials in the quarry there great fun!

Kind Regards
Chris H

Update Reply
CJH GS @ 13/04/2013 00:15  

Booked a guided tour of Austria for 9 days & 8 nights due to no interest on sites and under the thumb mates!
Bring on the Alps I can't wait come 'on July

Regards Sorted
Chris H

Update Reply
CJH GS @ 16/04/2013 07:07  

who you doing the trip with?

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 22/05/2013 08:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email