MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Lochness , the prequel ?

Lochness , the prequel ? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Lochness , the prequel ? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Lochness , the prequel ?

found some tie downs on ebay....mite have to bring leopard onesie then, but worried I mite not be warm enuf x

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 14/04/2013 10:37  

A hot water bottle should keep ya toasty Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 14/04/2013 12:34  

good point will pack one, I can wear it inside my jacket too if it gets cold...like that lassie in Selkirk lolx

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 14/04/2013 20:26  

That was hilarious , it wasn't that cold , all i had on was my Batman undies under my bike jacket and trousers . I didn't feel the need for a jumper . Must be all those years of winter marathons above the snowline for 26 miles , I'm immune , happy days . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 14/04/2013 23:35  

MIDGES I thought I'd give you some info on midges, coz I wouldn't want anyone to be scared off by the thoughts of the clean, pristine Scottish air being filled by flying crocodiles The midge is 1mm long. The midge flies at 2mph. The midge lives in marshy areas. The female midge bites May-September. The male midge doesn't bite. Conditions have to be pretty much perfect to get bitten. No sunshine......They don't like it No breeze.....Above 2mph, they won't fly No rain......... they don't like it. No indoors.... or in tent they don't like it. No nightime....they're asleep No daytime....busy doing 'midge things' No moving.... top speed 2mph and territorial In short, to honestly and truthfully get ''attacked'' by midges you need to be ,,,,, Standing still,outdoors on an overcast and wind free day at dawn or dusk, by a marshy water margin, in the breeding season . As you can imagine, these perfect conditions don't occur that frequently. I do a lot of camping and biking in Scotland . Sometimes I don't see a midge all summer. BUT , if a few days or weeks of the anti midge conditions , suddenly turn pro midge, you can get swarms of them. Of course, everyone loves a good midge story, here's mine,,,, I'd been camping for a long weekend in Bonny Scotland midge free, I awoke one morning , fancied a quick pee . As I was camped next to the perimeter fence I stepped from the tent naked into the early dawn . The early, wind free , overcast dawn , by a loch that was 'midge perfect' As I was on a family campsite , walking away [with my bits in full stream] was not an option. What can I tell you , the ladies took full advantage of ALL my nakedness [never wanted a BJ since] I must have had a couple of thousand midge bites. Once back in the tent I was saved , coz they won't go inside. The bites aren't itchy or painful they are just annoying . Fort Augustas is known as a relatively midge free area unlike the damper northern marshy areas. [ I mean, why do you think they built the town there ] Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/04/2013 12:30  

Dusty, you and I can try a helmet full of midges one day..makes a change from putting ferrets in your trousers!
Midges or no midges, put me down as a possible for this one. Just need to sort child/cat care

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/04/2013 19:54  

ferrets?? Why on earth would I want to put a ferret in my trousers? If that was meant as some sort of insult then you may need to find some permanent child/cat care. Realy looking forward to meeting you in person . Dusty .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 16/04/2013 09:38  

I'll buy you a beer!
Very good question, why should anyone want to put a ferret down their trousers? Personally I'd settle for the midges, but there you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret_legging

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/04/2013 10:36  

As we're having a rideout around Loch Ness on saturday with sunseaandfun. how's about a rideout to the ''beautiful Isle of Skye'' on the Wed or Thurs, it's only 60mile to the bridge at The Kyle of Lochalsh. So after a quick breckie we could easily be on Skye for lunch. Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 17/04/2013 11:09  

A weekend camping at Loch Ness - Inverness 16th - 18th July 2013 on the calendar, thanks Dusty http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4156 Those going: Dustin666 Kwakgirl (Debs) Wills (maybe)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/04/2013 12:04  

batman undies????? WTF! are they like..... for over your leathers???? lol lol

ps the run up to skye from Invergarry is fab did it 4 times last year just for the hell of it!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/04/2013 15:48  

FA (that's Fort Augustus) to the Kyle is possibly my fav road, utterly mental.
Skye is a big place but a blat from the Kyle to Portree is only another 30(ish) miles so we could do that.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/04/2013 17:33  

Batman undies = you'll have to read another thread in BIKES PRODUCTS etc about Aldi bike clothing (funny in parts)
Basically , those compression undies that I had on at Tibbie's Easter wknd.
They're a tenner, and very good for warmth and comfortable . I slept in mine , v toasty even at minus5C.

"Harleyrider'' , on the thread, recommended them . So I thought I'd give them a good roadtest. All I wore on the ride to and from Tibbie's was those undies and my bike jacket and pants.
Dusty x

P.s. Batman undies , as in , the type of undies Batman may wear , lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 17/04/2013 18:28  

Spot on Steve , Fort Billy to sweet FA to The Kyle about 100 mile , an easy tankful. Realy looking forward to this . The bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond , Glencoe, Skye ahhh .
I love motorcycles, camping, and Scotland . This is gonner be perfection. (touch wood)

and no , that's not a euphemism , I'm excited , but not in that way , lol

Dusty x
p.s. Debs , do you want me to fabricate a 'Dusty rack' for the Ə' so you can strap your marquee on it , pmsl. xx p.p.s you're getting your Batman undies and your superman undies confused. Batman, under the keks. Superman , over the keks. Lol p.p.p.s. What d ya normally wear in bed ?

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 17/04/2013 19:48  

I thort all knew wot Debs wore in bed... Chanel No. 5 - nowt else! (wiv a little castrol behind the ears)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2013 20:55  

So the mission is to empty a 200 mile tank in a 100 miles?
Game on :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/04/2013 21:11  

I only have an nc30 hope there are plenty of petrol stops...looks like the only bit of Scotland were not going to be doin is my village.lol oh! an batman undies I have a very nervous disposition yu know;)

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 17/04/2013 21:16  

Hiya Lynn , I'm trying to keep the fuel stops around the 100 mile Mark to suit any bike that turns up . My mate johnny had an RC 30 a brill bike on mountain roads . His current wife (she'd be my ex) made him sell it to pay for a New kitchen. The big wuss, i would have kicked her @rse down the street . Lol . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 17/04/2013 23:13  

sunseaandfun seems to think that any camping needs to be booked asap...does anyone on here no anybetter as i dont really want to go all that way then have no where to stay. tho i am quite happy to spread the stay out a little longer than a weekend, which will be a killer....too many miles and not long enough time to recuperate makes dizzi a grumpy girl:)

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 24/04/2013 16:48  

All that way just for a weekend is crazy. You'll be to knackered after the ride to anything much on the Saturday.
Get yerself along to the prequel Dizzy, that will be top fun.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/04/2013 18:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email