MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Who LOVES their job ?

Who LOVES their job ?  - Forums [Biker Match] Who LOVES their job ?  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Who LOVES their job ?

I LOVE my job ! I dont mind getting up at any time of day or night to go and work................ Is this normal ?

Anybody else out there love their job - and what do ya do ?

Jood x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2013 07:47  

I'm a computer Op working 12 hour shifts, days and nights, i dont love it, but i do like the time off in the week............ Down side is most 'normal' people do stuff at weekends, and most of the events on here are at weekends, but i've done this for 30 years and i dont think i could adapt to 9 - 5. That said i also like me fishing and places are much quieter without the weekend match fishermen

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/04/2013 08:24  

I use to love my job but like most thing I've got the boss looking over my shoulder all day .

Update Reply
JP @ 05/04/2013 08:29  

love my job o yes i do i do i do i do
i work mon to thus so it great for rally

Update Reply
kaycat @ 05/04/2013 08:35  

Is it a 'girl' thing ? Loving your job ?????????? If i had enough money, i would give this up tomorrow !!!

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/04/2013 09:22  

i couldn't give me job up i go mad in a week

Update Reply
kaycat @ 05/04/2013 09:47  

I love my job as well, I train people to be driving instructors as well as company cars drivers to be better drivers, doesn't always work though but love being self employed

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 05/04/2013 10:11  

i used to love my previous job in motor trade,but got fed up of carrying half the place along by myself....so i quit after fourteen years....i used to like the job i do now....but trying to maintain standards, when all around you european agency workers and incompetant managers try their level best to drag you down to their level...hard to maintain any sort of enthusiasm...meh.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/04/2013 12:08  

nope I don't. definately not a girl thing at all.....I don't like working in an office, no windows to open, hate 9-5. would love to do something else or have enough money not to work again (but with good health) Plenty of stuff I want to do and work gets in the way.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 05/04/2013 13:24  

nope, work is just somewhere to go in between my days off

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/04/2013 13:50  

I get tremendous satisfaction with my job and I get to travel a fair bit, it can get on top of one but when you weigh it all up I've been working for the same company for 39 years.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 05/04/2013 18:46  

Hmmm.. let's see....

Against - Having to tell people who can't be bothered to work, to do jobs I could do twice as well and twice as fast...

For - - - - Get to shout at those people....

Tricky one...

!!NO!!

I really do think I'm gonna punch one of em one day!!

Update Reply
justjerry @ 05/04/2013 19:35  

I really enjoy my job, working for a hotel chain in the reservations department. The people I work with are great, and it's a job I can walk away from on a Friday at 5 and not think about till I'm back there on Monday morning.

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 05/04/2013 22:18  

I enjoy my job most of the time - specially when I get to work from home and spend most of the day in the BM chat room hehehe. Seriously though - I enjoy the office banter, have a great boss and a brilliant team around me. Been there nearly 25 years so can't be that bad now can it? (Clearly I started aged around 6!).

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 05/04/2013 22:52  

Half the battle is trying to get a job that you really do want to do, rather than need to do. And if you get a job that you love it's even better as you'll less likely to get stressed in it.

I used to work many years ago (trainee at the time) as a sound engineer in a local music studio. Loved it, which made it the days (or late into the mornings sometimes ) go very quickly. Shame that in the end they had to close down due to financial difficulties .

Erm... Yes those were the days I'll never get back... ho hum!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/04/2013 00:05  

Well I did love my job, even though it was very long hours working as a prisoner custody officer but the days flew by, now I am studying again, I wonder how I managed to work all those hours per week and still fit in everything else. Don't think I could do 60-70 hours a week again but I do know I will love my new job once I am qualified!!

Update Reply
midwife2b @ 06/04/2013 13:06  

id love my job more if I only worked one day a week but got paid for 4! as it is a work 4 days a week as an accountant :/ where id much prefer to be tinkering about in the garage. :( but at least I work mostly for myself and so the money is good but I definitely work to live and not the other way about!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 06/04/2013 18:38  

well I know that feeling KG, we'd all love to work just one day a week and get paid for more..oh I wish.. and I think in this current climate thats all any of us can do, work to live...!! Its nice to know we've got a job we love to go to tho, makes life so much easier...

Update Reply
midwife2b @ 07/04/2013 10:05  

I sooooo love my job .
I'm the only lass in the Estates team .
Plenty guys in hard hats , hi viz and overalls to keep me happy in what I do ;)
Makes getting up at stupid o'clock worthwhile lol .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/04/2013 11:12  

For me achieve everything I need to in the next 18 months I have to work long hours. I do it by choice, and I am lucky I enjoy what I do. I don't have a gaffer looking over my shoulder every 5 minutes and for the most part,once I am on the road, I am the gaffer. Also, when the weather is right you get to see shed loads of short skirts in the cars going by, that in itself is good, its even better when its a woman wearing the skirt, you think I'm joking? believe me, I've seen some strange people as they go past me, especially at night.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/04/2013 12:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email