MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Kent - Why so few ride outs?

Kent - Why so few ride outs? - Forums [Biker Match] Kent - Why so few ride outs? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Kent - Why so few ride outs?

I'm new to this site but looking round there seems to be very few ride outs in the Kent area yet lots of members in the area looking for ride outs and to meet new friends.
We need to get some organised. Please enter the discussion if you are up for some rides/meets and maybe make some suggestions.
I'm in Ashford so anywhere in Kent and into Sussex would suit.
What do you think?

Update Reply
ColinB @ 31/03/2013 19:02  

am i to believe you actually want me to get on one of those motorbicycle thingies and ride it on the road?
isn't that just a tad dangerous?

what kind of lunatic are you coming on here spreading this nonsense, behave yourself i say, behave.

Update Reply
xj @ 31/03/2013 22:28  

Take no notice of XJ. But if you need any advice on camping, he is the man to ask. Colin, here is a link to the Kent ride out forum. You may find something there. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...mp;page=68

Update Reply
davidneale @ 31/03/2013 22:53  

Thanks for letting me know about May day (6th) run to Hastings which has a topic in this forum and is on the events calendar.
This is obviously a big event so we def need to organise another one that might be a bit less 'crowded'.

Update Reply
ColinB @ 01/04/2013 08:31  

It's coming up to that time of year again isn't it. Everyone expects you to get yer bike out and start sleeping in a paper bag again just so you can be sociable and meet people. Bloody ridiculous way to spend yer time if you ask me. The best advice i can give you on camping ls....

For god's sake man come to your senses. We invented houses, DONT DO IT!! Step away from the canvas.

Update Reply
xj @ 01/04/2013 09:49  

Please don't be concerned if I've hit your profile 2 or 3 times. I went into loads of Kent profiles to see who was interested in runs and finding 'friends' but kept forgetting who I had messaged! I then found out I could find someone's status without actually going into the profile!?!!?
Do join in this topic if you want to get into some ride outs this summer.
If you have put down that you'd like to meet ''friends' then remember, 'if you want things to change, you've got to change something'.

Update Reply
ColinB @ 01/04/2013 15:41  

we in kent have found if we don't formally arrange meetings we get more people turn up. we got five of us together at the ashford bike show today without us telling each other we were going, or did they just not tell me??????

oh and colin, do socks count?

Update Reply
xj @ 01/04/2013 21:02  

LOL xj behave yourself Aww Colin, most Southern - based folk rarely organise a gathering or rides out, and when someone does attempt it they are met with apathy and a low, or no, turn out. We have no idea why. I wish you good luck in succeeding where others have failed oh and welcome to the club ATB Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/04/2013 23:17  

Ooops, no manners. Hi colin and welcome to bm. We do get together for rides etc, as sandi says there's just not lots of us. Check out the colander (he he) and join us sometime. Keep an eye on the meet up in kent thread too, many things go thru there, see you soon.

Update Reply
xj @ 02/04/2013 08:59  

As xj has said, there have been plenty of rideouts organised in Kent over the last year, and myself and Andy are planning plenty more - we just need to get them on the calendar! Through the colder months we have been arranging pub/cafe meets rather than rideouts, but now the weather is getting a bit better we will be setting to with rideouts of all sorts.

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 02/04/2013 09:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email