MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rttw - 5/10/2013

Rttw - 5/10/2013 - Forums [Biker Match] Rttw - 5/10/2013 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rttw - 5/10/2013

5th Oct 2013 Can i assume we are going this year...........I need to know as i have to get holiday booked at work for this. ????????/ Welcome to the 'Ride to the Wall' website. 2013 sees the 6th year of this unique event, which has not only brought together the motorcycling community, but also a large number of other participants, both young and old in remembering the 16000+ names that are engraved on the walls of the Armed Forces memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum. This annual ride brings motorcyclists from near & far together to attend a memorial service on the steps of the Armed Forces Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum on the first Saturday in October, in order to remember those who can no longer ride by our side. The event has also highlighted the immense generosity and kindness of the wider motorcycling community, and has gone a long way to bringing together motorcyclists and members of the wider community who share similar values, and as part of this experience has broken down barriers. It has also increase awareness of the National Memorial Arboretum to a larger audience, and in doing so has allowed those that may not have already done so, the opportunity to remember those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. Since that first ride in 2008, with your support we have managed to raise in excess of £200,000 for the NMA through this event. In June this year, at Armed Forces Day the Trustees and Directors of Ride to the Wall will be presenting a cheque for the money raised in 2012.The money you have so kindly donated goes towards the upkeep of the stunningly beautiful & peaceful Arboretum, which is home to the largest memorial outside of the capital, the Armed Forces Memorial. It has been a great privilege and honour to be part of Ride to the Wall since its inception in 2008, and have watched in awe as it has grown year on year. A great deal of credit for this happening needs to be given to a small but committed and dedicated team of volunteers, who work tirelessly and passionately with the day to day operations of the charity throughout the year and to the hundreds of volunteers, who without their help on the day would not make the event it is today. I am, and will always be very humbled and grateful for their support, as well as yours, in making this event what it is today. Through your commitment and support we have been able to provide a moving and emotional tribute and service to those names on the Wall, and year on year we have managed to provide an event that is remembered and talked about throughout the year, and in doing so remembers each and every name on the Wall. This year will once again, I hope come up to the high standard that has been set since 2008, with some exciting additions to the programme before the Memorial Service. In closing, I would like to once again say a huge thank you for all your support and look forward to seeing you on 5th October 2013 at this year's event.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/03/2013 22:01  

there s plenty of us that go to this

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 26/03/2013 05:39  

I will be on the woodhall ride so hope to meet up with you at the arbertorium

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 26/03/2013 16:35  

Would love to do it, but I can't make any promises yet....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 26/03/2013 16:42  

I was more concerned about finding if anyone was going, but now i have to hope i can book the holiday as it's neatly in the middle of my 4 weekend nights. So here's hoping....

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/03/2013 17:34  

I have registered to ride from Drayton Manor, this will be my 6th one.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 26/03/2013 22:23  

I've registered to go from Drayton manor too ... anyone going from Leicester ???

Update Reply
scoobyboo @ 27/03/2013 07:47  

Registered for Drayton Manor too. Places limited so thought a good idea. Do you know if you get sent a ticket or something ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 27/03/2013 11:43  

Yes I've rcieved my bike sticker and year badge today

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 27/03/2013 16:50  

I am going to see if i can get further than Drayton Manor this year, after everyone left me in the field because the bike wouldnt start

Update Reply
Timeout @ 27/03/2013 23:16  

Mr AJ see you there :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/03/2013 09:27  

That's us booked to go from Drayton Manor

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 28/03/2013 11:23  

Nice one Mr Ken :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/03/2013 11:59  

OK BJ ... you cant miss the Yellow PERIL iT'S VERY yellow

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 28/03/2013 16:05  

Hey Mr Timeout you should be saying 'we' as I seem to recall you had a pilly that day

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2013 23:29  

no pilly as we didnt get to ride it. you were my mechanic, lol

Update Reply
Timeout @ 29/03/2013 09:21  

I'm heading to this one, did last years run too...

Will either be going from J21 M1 Services again or riding with the Birmingham HOG Chapter....

I'll be on a 110th Anniversary HD.

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 30/03/2013 07:56  

Make sure you park at the correct angle you know how the Hog get over that

Update Reply
JP @ 30/03/2013 11:19  

Mr AJ i shall wear my sunglasses lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/04/2013 20:41  

Got me stuff through yesterday.......... so see you at draytom Manor on the day.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/04/2013 11:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email