MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

DAS done - now what bike is best for a biker chick ?

DAS done - now what bike is best for a biker chick ? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] DAS done - now what bike is best for a biker chick ? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

DAS done - now what bike is best for a biker chick ?

OMG what a question - its like how long is a piece if string....ask 100 bikers what would be their advice and you'll undoubtably get 100 different answers. As a few others have said - go round various dealers have a sit on the bikes and ask for a test ride on any that appeal. a lot of dealers will give you an extended test ride (if youre buying new) where you can take the bike for a week or so and see how you get on. Im sure you already have an idea in your head about what you like.....don't let anyone put you off...all you get from the rest of us is our opinion! its how you feel and what you want that's IMPORTANT

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 24/03/2013 11:50  

HERE,HERE DEBS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID its all down to the individual person on what they like,how it feels and what they want.nobody can tell anyone what bike to get.its like marmite you love it or hate it when it comes to bikes.the more test rides the better informed we are about what we want

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 24/03/2013 20:50  

I hate Marmite

Update Reply
mike99 @ 25/03/2013 07:44  

Try a GSX1000R

Wicked bike,

Lol. Just Joking.

Update Reply
gazza123 @ 25/03/2013 13:32  

I thought I'd replied to this. Obviously not....

As has been said you need to go look and sit and try. It all depends what feels right tbh. And don't be put off by the twins. A lot of people said I was a fool for getting the Sv as my first big bike but you learn to ride whatever you get anyway. (And it was a cracking bike!!)

You'll know what you want coz you'll just fall in love with it. :)

Update Reply
MjN @ 28/03/2013 08:56  

A great Bike for Ladies is the Honda VFR800i
Low seat not to heavy.
Plenty of power even two up loaded
Good on fuel good range between re fueling.
Put a good can on it and it sounds great not like a Honda sewing machine.
Riding solo has a very good performance & Honda Reliability!
Just avoid the V tec so the hard bit is finding a mint low mileage one.

Or get some one to take you to Spain to pick up the Monster and have a few days Holiday while there!
Regards
Chris H

Update Reply
CJH GS @ 12/04/2013 07:19  

I love my SV650s. I'm 5' 5" and have a lowered seat. Good hunting x

Update Reply
Cheryl @ 12/04/2013 12:32  

so what is the bike your sitting on in ya pic then miss jood?? i think whatever makes your soul sing then that is the bike for you and so long as you can reach floor and the test ride is fab .... i had a cbr400 after my test and yeah it was a reet nippy thing and peeps always looked at it... i was never comfy on it... and all it wanted to do was go fast... bandit 400... same .. how fast can i do next corner...hornet ... too high!!! then i test rode a harley..... and it was like a feeling i never had... totally at one with the earth beneath me... totally gorgeous to ride slow or fast.... love the low power of the engine.... love the way it rides... just love it so whatever ya get it dont matter.... its what makes you happy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2013 19:02  

Its a Duke Monster 900 - a friends - but I love it ! The one in Spain still has my name on it .......... what an adventure to ride it back !! BUT - I am loving shopping around at the moment and I'll find what I am looking for when we meet !!

J x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2013 07:33  

Just take your time and test drive anything you think about before you by and I mean a good hour or two, what feels right on a run around the block can feel a lot different across the board after an hour in the saddle..... Also look at service costs and tyre costs, I know someone with a 950 midnight star and the tyre sizes are very uncommon and it cost her twice the price for a front tyre than it did for my VFR....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2013 16:56  

My advice for anyone wanting to buy a bike;-

Always take it for a test ride regardless of where you're getting it from.
On that ride, take it to somewhere with lots of bikes parked up... park it, walk away and then look back at it parked with all the others.
If you don't go "yep, that's my bike that is" with pride, you've got the wrong bike... simples

p.s.... I'm sure that folks on here could easily be persuaded to mount up an international rescue posse to help you bring the monster back from Spain
It would be an awesome introduction to biking

Update Reply
justjerry @ 14/04/2013 17:26  

Just jerry - yeah it would wouldn't it !!

Jood
xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2013 20:33  

Jood, book them and they will appear lol

Update Reply
justjerry @ 14/04/2013 21:04  

Just had the same ' which bike to buy' dilemma myself but i was only looking for a 125 .. so ended up having to try loads as i need to be comfy .. and i really like cruisers ... but i'm nearly 6 foot ... vey quickly found out that most 125's just aren't big enough for me - i look daft on them .... happily i found a Hyosung GV 125 Aquila just sitting in a local bike shop - someone had just part exed it in ... so even tho' i hadn't done my CBT i knew it wouldn't be there for long - i liked - it fit me ... and it was in great nick at the right price ... so i bought it .... when i up eventually pass my test i hope to big up to a Virago or similar ... think the final choice for everyone really comes down to what you want to do, how much confidence you have and the biggest one .... finance ..... good luck! Dawn x

Update Reply
Heavymetalthunder @ 15/04/2013 17:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email