MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Are Teenage Kicks so hard to beat

Are Teenage Kicks so hard to beat - Forums [Biker Match] Are Teenage Kicks so hard to beat - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Are Teenage Kicks so hard to beat

Went to a preview last night about a film soon to be released called 'Good Vibrations' Now I not a great fan of punk music BUT this film is brilliant! Tells the story of a guy Terry who supports young Irish musicians during the years of troubles in Londonderry,the rise of Punk and the struggle to get the music aried. Did you know John Peel when given a demo disc of the then unknown Undertones was so impressed he did something he never done before, or since,played the record TWICE in a row stating it was THE BEST song he had ever heard! When the film is released go and see it, enjoy. Meantime go to U tube and hear it once again,then play it again and again, its brilliant.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 19/03/2013 07:33  

ahhhhh fabo ~ wel i was into punk, though i woldnt call teh ~Undertones punk at all!! well not hardcore punk anyhow..... so i reckon i will LOVE this film will bring back memories of doing me boyfriends mohican with me crimpers and hairspray to keep it up, wearing black jeans with a beer mat on me bum coz had a hole in em and just BRILL times .... ah <sigh> those were the days ~ Exploited, Discharge, Crass, now they were punk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 09:47  

Ah.... now that is Terri Hooley a pure legend here and an amazing man who has done so much for music and keeping it real, he is friends with many of my friends (who are in punk bands) Ive met him several times.... he is a good guy. He is on FB too if anyone wants to find out more or message him. Long may he be around to keep the faith

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 15:13  

i can see a stiff little fingers you tube night coming on now.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 15:16  

Yeeeooowww Suzi you are SO right!!! x You should get yourself off to the Rebellion festival every year in Blackpool....its amazing, full of all the ol punk bands (and new) all types of mayhem to be had....wonderful! Oh and lots of my mates STILL dress like they did then pmsl

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 15:17  

Oooooooooooooooooo that REbellion festival sounds wicked Lulu like it ~ seen the Damned, UK Subs and Anti Knowhere League last year... hadnt seen em since i was about 16 forgot how many songs i totally lurrve and must admit they sounded just as good as back then ... well ive been here and ive been there and ive been every where So WHat.... wowwww love it, used to be into angelic upstarts etc also.... defo wished i had seen SLF tho as used to listen to them non stop when i was about 16 also was one me fave bands... they should have more punk bands at rallies i think seen a good one called somethin like Sugar Bullet or Silver Bullet at farmyard think it was.. they were good punk covers from i remember wow...... i need to go see some punk bands nowwwwwwwww xxx its all your fault Lulu and Rosso xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 15:46  

Stiff Little Fingers are playing in Nottingham on Saturday night Suzi

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/03/2013 15:56  

WHAAAAAAAAAAT ? OMG at rock city? oh ffs im off to search tinterweb

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 15:57  

Feck if I had the cash to spare Id be over to see them too.... dunno when they are back on home turf again.... I see Ed Tudor Pole is one of the supporting acts for Notts.....excellent!!! Go for it Suzi you lucky thing...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 16:02  

Their doing a little tour around Briton, then off to northern europe then back to England, I would worry about seeing Edward Turdor Pole, the last time I saw him doing a gig solo it was very bad

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/03/2013 16:15  

i know WOOOOHOOOOO this looks fab ~ darn shame ya cant come on over lulu chick and crash at mine seeing if can get this sorted and goo on sat then on to the Sal afterwards .... fingers crossed (wow aint it funny how life does these things to ya.... darn FABO)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 16:21  

Oh Ragnar is that right? Thats a pity as I thought he may have had another wee band with him like the ol Tenpole days never seen him live just heard he was ok.... aww cheers Suzi hon I would but I forked out on flights recently which I had to cancel so am a bit outa pocket at min.....start of May should be solvent again hahaha thanks hon xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 16:48  

I did see him with Tenpole Tudor in the early 80's and he was great then, I think top of the bill was Nine Nine Nine at the Lyceum in the Strand. I must have been doing two or three gigs a week back then, I don't know how i managed the cost of it, ticket price and beer money and having to get to school the next day.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/03/2013 18:28  

pmsl RAgnor @ school the next day .... we didnt have stuff like council tax and mortgages in those days.......
it all is clear now why in them days the last thing any of us wanted was marriage, mortgage or kids........... hmmmmmm and now ive got a mortgage... one out of three aint bad

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 19:30  

I got tickets for the Toy Dolls in Bristol, not until November tho! bit of a wait. Thought this weekend looked good.http://www.bigweekends.com/splash-pages/alternative2013.aspx (Hope the link works!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2013 20:47  

Looks good that JD, would love to see The Fall and ol Lip Up Fatty himself too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2013 07:06  

Too right! Though the Anti Nowhere League and Butlins seem like opposite ends of the spectrum!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2013 18:02  

Yeah don't they just JD!! Very retro in a weird way tho hahaha.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2013 18:07  

First live band i seen as a teen was Bad Manners was ace ~ weird to see Secret Affair at same do as Anti Knowhere.. as i remember Secret Affair were Mod music~ didnt they do The Time for Action?? i did like some of their stuff bt still seems weird lol, maybe they jus think its all "alternative" music.... remember Poison Ivy ... "it's gonna take an ocean... of callamine lotion... pmsl

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2013 19:41  

You're close Suzi but no cigar. Poison Ivy was done by another mod band The Lamberttas it was their 2nd single released in 1980. Sorry for being a bit of an anorak or should that be a bit of a parker

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 20/03/2013 20:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email