MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Harley Davidson 883 rear suspension.

Harley Davidson 883 rear suspension. - Forums [Biker Match] Harley Davidson 883 rear suspension. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Harley Davidson 883 rear suspension.

Hi, has anybody lifted the rear suspension of the Sportster 883R (yeah, i know this is the tallest of the 883's, lol) ??? Has the ride/steering improved ? Anypic's to be found anywhere ??? Regards Naffed

Update Reply
Brathu @ 17/03/2013 11:13  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kjuirr89jQ

Have a look at this link.. it's from Progressive (American Manufacturer), you should find that the ride will become more comfortable with the shocks lifted by a couple of inches.

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 17/03/2013 11:40  

Thank's HR, i just watched, and understand that. Just what i am aiming to do is actually lift the rear end of the bike up, maybe using XR1200X shock's (i have heard of this being done) for visual effect, and hopefully improve handling, and steering, ie, making the fork angle a little steeper. Regards Naffed

Update Reply
Brathu @ 17/03/2013 11:57  

Lifting the back of a sportster by that much will make very little or no difference as you wouldnt be going fast enough round the twisty bits to notice

Update Reply
JP @ 17/03/2013 12:33  

Did mention that it's more of a viual thing, speed and performancing come's into it at a later date ;) lol regards

Update Reply
Brathu @ 17/03/2013 13:45  

Hmmmm, think i meant 'visual thing', lol

Update Reply
Brathu @ 17/03/2013 14:22  

just to add to that the new 883 superlow has got such weird size tyres and forks different to older 883's just for this reason........ the handling is ride and steering at slow speed and on corners etc is top notch - so harley knew this was a problem bt the bike is sooo low you would prob find it too low for you!! so whatever they have done on the 883 superlow works anyhow for steering and handling .... i think hte superlow is aimed at newer riders too tho so i guess they reckon to needing better handling and steering ?maybe? it may just be a case of getting used to riding a harley naffed off?? and then once you have it speak to people when out and about etc .... and once you are "used to the ride"....?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2013 15:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email