MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

St. Mary's loch

St. Mary's loch - Forums [Biker Match] St. Mary's loch - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

St. Mary's loch

Unbeleavably, I've managed to get the whole of Easter off work. I'm going to my favorite campsite for the weekend. The Tibbie Shiels Inn at St. Mary's loch. A great site (campfires allowed) . A great pub with genuine home cooked food. The Scottish Borders have great roads and very sparsely populated. If anyone would care to join me , please post your interest . Dusty x p.s. Check it out at info@tibbieshiels.com

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 08/03/2013 20:47  

I would love to get there but we're off to Wales this Easter.
The riding round that area is brilliant.
Enjoy

If you plan to do another camping trip there a bit later I'll be interested. April and May is when we get the best sunshine up there and the midges don't come out till mid June usually.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/03/2013 07:59  

Hey Dusty I just found out i'm off as well ............ was thinking about East Leeds Lions, but St Marys Loch is lovely and have never really explored that area. Will get back to you

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 09/03/2013 09:11  

Word of advice folks be careful when heading over from the Moffat side as the first few miles is in a right mess after winter. I've been down there a couple of times in last few weeks and worst I've seen it so nice n easy.

It's one of my fave roads for a wee run and a fave also for English bikers having a quick scoot over the borders .... or for the mad ones coming down from further North I suppose

Update Reply
madscots @ 09/03/2013 12:01  

Steve H , I often go to the Tibbie , they also do b&b for you rich people. The next time I go , I'll let you know.

Bobkat, lovely to hear from you , now think about it , some poxy rally with loud music and horse burgers or .......
A nice cozy pub, with delicious home cooked food,
live entertainment that isn't heavy metal .
Back at the tent a warm welcoming campfire . Bliss
see ya there . Dusty xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 09/03/2013 14:11  

ya can count me in for friday/saturday at least Dusty. im off to Hartside Top on sunday for the day but its an easy enough run from there. Was down that way about 5 weeks back and the road was a bit holy for sure

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/03/2013 17:13  

"... the road was a bit holy ..."
Let us get our knee down and praise the road.

Actually that's not a bad idea. Is there a patron saint of hooningness?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/03/2013 19:21  

well ive wimped it and booked into the Tibbie Shiels Inn for fri/sat night...tis a bit chilly for camping and i need a new tent. Praise the road!!!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/03/2013 19:28  

Kwakgirl. High priestess of the temple of the road. lol

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/03/2013 20:05  

i hope you've bowed as you said that! lol preferably from on ur knees already! lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/03/2013 20:42  

... and anointed with castrol gtx whilst tweaking the twistgrip of perpetual indulgence...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/03/2013 21:26  

lol @ Steve_H you crack me up lad!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/03/2013 21:45  

Surely that should be Castrol R

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/03/2013 23:21  

Sounds amazing . Is that the weekend of the 29th march ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2013 00:43  

yes 29th march i thought that too Em but didnt like to say as he was on a bit of a roll and i was just lappin it up lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 10/03/2013 11:49  

Dustin - what are the dates/times/where meet etc etc?! I would be interested - looks a lovely site! But I don't fancy riding up on my own.....I'm useless without a splatnav! LOL

Update Reply
MjN @ 10/03/2013 19:54  

I'll sort out some details and routes etc, and do a proper event tomorrow , day off . I'm having a cuppa in a layby till this blizzard stops . There was a few inches of snow at the tibbie today but who cares ,good weather's for poufs. Lol . Mind you , if the snow continues I'm gonner be a fair weather pouf too lol .
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/03/2013 20:03  

lol - I might be a fair weather rider tomoz - I don't like snow. :( Cheers though, it looks like a lovely place!

Update Reply
MjN @ 10/03/2013 23:03  

I would be interested in going sounds good

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 11/03/2013 00:11  

come on then Dusty......bet you had ur day off and went ooooo feet up nothin to do! lol lol ive booked into the pub for fri/sat nights and bringing Lyn (dizzydot) wiv me - we gonna share as we are too wussy for camping in march! is the loch safe for swimming ??

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 12/03/2013 14:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email