MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Begin Biking website

Begin Biking website - Forums [Biker Match] Begin Biking website - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Begin Biking website

Dunno if this is any use to anyone but someone sent it to me....... http://www.beginbiking.com

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 04/03/2013 18:14  

Seems a little more expensive than what I paid in February - May last year to do all of my training...

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 04/03/2013 22:13  

I Love this idea in essence.. and yes it is expensive but would probably work out what you would pay long term anyway and if I had that kind of money.. then I might be tempted.. however...

My concern would be.. an intensive three/four day/week long course.. does it really give you the skills to ride a big huge animal of a bike.. in comparison to a 125...

Experienced riders.. whatdayathink?!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 04/03/2013 23:27  

If its a good school you don't mind paying a bit more. But its a dam site more than I payed I think it was about £7.50 test fee

Update Reply
JP @ 05/03/2013 05:35  

The short term / intensive / crash course does NOT give you the skills and experience in that short time to go out and ride a Big Bike.... that can ONLY come in my opinion with experience, riding out regularly and riding with others.

My first lesson was a CBT in February 2012... my last exam was my Module 2 in May 2012... I rode regularly inbetween the tests and that helped my confidence, I passed all of my exams first time.

A good Instructor taking you out in ALL riding conditions, early morning, rush hour, weekend and all weathers is where you really learn... or at least that's how I learnt.

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 05/03/2013 19:57  

Ive been riding bikes since I was about 12 and Im still learning stuff so dont think that you learn much on any of these courses all thay teach you is to pass a test

Update Reply
JP @ 05/03/2013 20:12  

yep i agree with jp.....the training and test only gives you the basics to allow you on the road..... the rest you learn the more you do...... same as jp been riding bikes since about twelve ish and still make the odd epic mistake lol.......

Update Reply
nellie @ 05/03/2013 21:16  

OK I asked for that one lol. Shoulder still bloody hurts too

Update Reply
JP @ 05/03/2013 21:18  

Well loves.. I shall be perfectly honest.. JP's comment about "teaching you to pass a test" is kinda how it would feel right now.. but perhaps thats because I don't feel anywhere near ready to go for my mod 1 & 2.. but that's down to confidence.. and no one can teach you that and besides the only time I really wish I had my full licence is when I'm trying to get her up and over the moors when playing out with the big boys.. and the way I mince around twisties.. having a bigger bike would just be plain embarrassing

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 05/03/2013 23:08  

The Module 1 is good fun, slow manouvring on a bike, all about being able to control a bike at slow speed and keep your balance... I really enjoyed my Module 1 Test... even the telling off from the Examiner for "over exuberance" when whooping my head off for the U Turn in the road exercise. The Module 2 best bit is the "Free Ride" section, the Examiner shows you a street map and says "We're here... get to there..."

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 07/03/2013 09:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email