MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

puncture inside the M25

puncture inside the M25 - Forums [Biker Match] puncture inside the M25 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

puncture inside the M25

was just wondering, a question mainly for bikers inside the M25, what do you do when you have a puncture?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2013 19:03  

erm....do you do the same if you had a puncture outside the M25??! What exactly do you mean??

Update Reply
MjN @ 10/03/2013 19:23  

mentioned inside m25 simply because it's where i live. was simply wondering what you do? call the AA/RAC? use a crafty plugger, finilec tyre sealant push it to the nearest tyre place? call another service out?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2013 20:20  

tyre places will charge about a tenner if you use a sealant, it is disgusting messy stuff and they hate it. works for getting out of trouble though. i am in the rac so i call them, but have recently started carrying a puncture repair kit coz the 2 hour wait for the rac to turn up, then the further wait for a transporter was getting just too long.

Update Reply
xj @ 10/03/2013 21:31  

i agree xj on the disgusting messy stuff and wont use it, if at all possible i try n get it home where i have all the gear to do a proper repair ie:- bead breaker compressor and mushroom patches, but i appreciate not all can do this.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2013 08:37  

I always carry a bottle of puncture repair foam with me. If you get a puncture, use the foam. It does'nt fill to full pressure, but you can get to the nearest service station to pump up your tyre.

Update Reply
timhall @ 16/03/2013 22:37  

if i cant get it home for some reason, to use the gear i have in my garage proper mushroom patches etc. i use the plug from the outside not overly happy with it but better than foam for me anyway.
Be nice to be able to call someone out and mend it properly roadside. used to be a few services in and around london but think they are gone now.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2013 16:25  

I used one of those roadside repair plugs two yrs ago on my mates bike, its been all over Europe with it in now!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 19/03/2013 08:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email