MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Cop causes death of motocyclist and gets off free

Cop causes death of motocyclist and gets off free (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Cop causes death of motocyclist and gets off free (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Cop causes death of motocyclist and gets off free

At the end of the day she was using the phone, with out a hands free cradle which is against the law and it contributed (governments own research data) to the death of an other road user and she lied about it initially.... At least there is a civil suite in there somewhere and I believe there is a page on face book to raise funds for one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2013 18:45  

If she was on the phone at the time of tjhe accident then surely there a case for 'due care and attention' at the very least! I sure the CPS has been rather more cautious than they might have been for anyone else here. Furthermore as she has lied about the incident HOW can she ever give evidence again ? Special Constables surely have to be of irrefutable character and honesty? Horrific pictures of the crash scene, made me shudder to think of what went through his mind the second before impact. Lesson to be learnt folks, try to anticipate the worst possible when riding...slow down at every possible hazard, RIDE DEFENSIVELY> nb not trying to say the guy wasnt, just makes U think seeing those pics and the outcome....

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 25/02/2013 08:52  

Hi

Please visit this page and like and also get your network to like so we can change bikers in general. I see a lot of idiots on the road still using their phones. Lets work together and get the CPS to change their minds.

V

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForDavidBartholomew

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2013 13:51  

Dont matter what you do what you sign she will still walk away but her working for them is finished apart from a desk. You get stopped for whatever reson she steps out of the car you smile and say your the copper that killed a biker. Same as the copper from telford who got away with the speeding he could never do his job again. it dont make it right but thats as good as it will ever get

Update Reply
JP @ 28/02/2013 19:07  

She was only a special, a volunteer unpaid copper, a hobby bobby. I'd guess they can dispense with her devices a lot more quickly than they can with a full-time paid officer.

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/02/2013 19:49  

i shoudl bloody think so aswell seen as she has killed someone...... she should be doing a sentence like anyone else..... if for nowt else for smiling like that after taking a life.... mistake or not show some remorse for a life that will never come back....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2013 19:29  

I only read this today in MCN, one rule for them one for the rest of us.

I've seen dozens of plod drivers doing stupid things over the past few months, one nearly took me off at a petrol station he went the wrong way around the one way and nearly hit me...in side the shop he said sorry mate I'm a bit tired ha ha... I should have reported it and after seeing this I wish I had.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2013 20:27  

I wrote to the CPS they basically said yes she had phone in lap but not enough evidence to prosecute saying it can not be proved it was a contributing factor as she saw two cars at the junction but failed to see motorbike.....surely that is chargeable as they acknowledge she was illegally on phone...they also say they will not enter into any more discussion on the case!!!.....so basically they are saying yes we know she broke the law but are not going to do a thing about it and we are not going to discuss it anymore

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2013 11:17  

The E petition is up for this. Please take the time to sign it and if you can consider joining one of the many protest rides being organised for the May bank holiday.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46695

Update Reply
Gloom @ 07/03/2013 17:55  

Added my moniker... let's hope that something GOOD does come out of this. I'm a Biker AND a Car Driver... I have a Bluetooth Headset from EBay which cost me a fiver and an iPhone cradle too. For £10 I am safe AND legal... what is £10 these days? ... answer .. the cost of a Bikers life.... The Police NEED to make an example of her, or they then set a Legal Precedence in court where every incident of using a mobile phone out of a cradle and without a hands free kit can be CHALLENGED... the Police AND Courts are making a rod for their own backs here.

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 08/03/2013 09:06  

Quite right HR Which is why I shall be signing the petition I will hopefully be joining one of the rides too

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/03/2013 09:59  

yep well said HR.... ive signed the petition and will defo be doing a protest ride...... toooo much of this "distracted car driving" goes on ...... it needs stopping so peeps concentrate on the roads...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2013 22:05  

Petition signed and I will be looking out for any protest rides.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 09/03/2013 00:13  

Just to clarify something. The police twice tried to convince the CPS to prosecute and both times they refused. So the petition and protests are in no way aimed at the police but rather the CPS who don't seem to be doing their job and letting a jury decide if she is guilty of causing death by careless driving.
This whole thing has touched a nerve with me so I will tend to keep going on about it and looking for ways to raise awareness until they do the right thing.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 09/03/2013 15:57  

I agree with you Gloom This is an appalling state of affairs The CPS have become arbiters of the implementation of the law Where they frequently trot out the "public interest" platitude Or "insufficient evidence" to secure a conviction They should be held to account for their actions And made to "uphold" the application the laws which are sanctioned by Parliament

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/03/2013 17:17  

ohhhhh - i seee i didnt realise it was the darn CPS........ thanks for clarifying htat Gloom

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2013 21:04  

What we have to remember is:- The CPS will only proceed with a prosecution based on evidence submitted by the police. If the police don't do their job properly, then the CPS will not prosecute due to insufficient evidence. I am not sure what evidence the public are aware of. It is always possible to see if and at what time someone has used their phone. If they don't have hands free or were texting, they must have been using the phone illegally. Say no more

Update Reply
davidneale @ 09/03/2013 21:24  

She initially denied being on the phone, then changed her story to being on the phone for a few minutes. When the records were checked it was discovered she had been on the phone for the duration of her journey. She insisted the phone was on her lap. These were the facts presented to the CPS by the police and form the basis of the e-petition requesting that they re-examine the evidence and proceed with the prosecution.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 11/03/2013 08:45  

She has resigned from the force now !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/03/2013 10:13  

Justice for David Bartholomew

i recieved this last night from Davids daughter:

"I just wanted to let you know that the family have been informed that there will be no private prosecution as there is insufficient evidence for a case.

Gutted doesn't come close.

Looks like there will be no justice for dad after all.

Thankyou for all your efforts & I wish you well.

Charli"

so it would seem there is no Justice for David Bartholomew.

Like · · Send · Share · 5414272 · 3 hours ago ·

Update Reply
stutts @ 25/04/2013 19:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email