MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Cop causes death of motocyclist and gets off free

Cop causes death of motocyclist and gets off free - Forums [Biker Match] Cop causes death of motocyclist and gets off free - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Cop causes death of motocyclist and gets off free

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2013/February/feb1913-death-crash-policewoman-escapes-charges/

totally disgusting. If it was anybody else its jail

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2013 20:29  

Just been on MCN site and read this. Talk about one law for them. Make me sick.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/02/2013 20:32  

Yeah one rule for one lot of drivers another for the rest. Maybe we should show our disgust. I have not been in a big procession holding up traffic for a while. Maybe rush hour in front of parliament on the No.10.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2013 20:44  

I can understand why it's not dangerous driving, but seems an open and shut case for careless driving to me. Private prosecution anybody?

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/02/2013 20:47  

Stupid needless loss of a life and she walks away with not so much as a slap on the wrist :(

Update Reply
Gloom @ 19/02/2013 20:47  

Same as the copper doing 150mph on the M54 105 on the A5 and 85 thought a village with a 30 limit found not guilty after admitting speeding in court

Update Reply
JP @ 19/02/2013 21:08  

That news was in a local paper down here last week, with a picture of the wpc smiling .... the article was far more detailed than mcn's & I'm no longer able to find it, why am I not surprised it's gone ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2013 21:11  

i believe this might be her??........ its on the mcn webpage along with a pic of teh guy who was riding his bike bt i didnt put pic up of him for respect reasons x it's disgusting... recently there was a footballer who fell asleep and went head on into a biker on the a6 on way to matlock bath and he got away with it too.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2013 21:36  

Yep, that's her

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2013 21:42  

im hopin that pic wasnt taken after the event........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2013 21:46  

That pic was taken at the coroner's office, according to the local paper, so it was after the event, possibly after the verdict.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2013 22:10  

This link is to the Motorcycle Compensation website which details the incident, it is also a very informative site for bikers http://www.motorcyclecompensation.com/blog/policewoman-kills-motorcyclist-david-bartholomew-whilst-on-phone

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 20/02/2013 11:20  

whats the piece of shit smiling at i wonder

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2013 11:21  

Smiling because she got away with it.........If it had been a copper on a bike, and she'd been a housewife, it would be a completely different story.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2013 13:13  

Moving this thread from the General forum to the Motorcycle News forum http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/Gene...s-charges/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/02/2013 14:35  

there is a support page on facebook. www.facebook.com/#!/JusticeForDavidBartholomew

Update Reply
Phil @ 20/02/2013 18:23  

https://www.cps.gov.uk/contact/feedback_and_complaints/feedback_and_complaints_form/default.aspx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2013 20:37  

what a dreadful story...and yes guzzi lady smiling probably as shes got away with it...

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 21/02/2013 12:53  

got away with murdering someone................ well what a bloody good reason to smile...... nice to know someonw with such caring and conscience is a copper ... even if she "wasnt on the phone" and "it was a total accidnet" SHE HAS MURDERED someone for no reason ................ who normal can smile after that...... getting away with taking a life is worth a smile is it..............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2013 20:17  

Don't know what all the fuss is about. It was only a biker.

Still a prevalent attitude by some parts of our caring society sadly. I don't know if the CPS were right in not charging her but ffs she could have shown remorse for causing the death of a poor sod who's only mistake was being on the road at the same time she was.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 23/02/2013 09:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email