MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Are Old Riders Past it

Are Old Riders Past it (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Are Old Riders Past it (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Are Old Riders Past it

I'm both old and young...but never had a bike i couldn't pick up unaided,flab makes a good counterweight,pmsl

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/08/2021 20:14  

I came back to biking after 24 years (got married, lost bike - got divorced, got bike 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️😂). I got T-boned on a main road from a car on a side road. All I have to say - I bounced better in my 20's 🤔😢. My recovery time was, - oy you twat, then. Whereas now it was more of ugh, argh, fuck it, how's my bike 🤷🏼‍♂️

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2021 14:10  

Experience comes with age, older bikers have an unparalleled skill set through years of biking and dodging idiot drivers. I've been riding over 30 years and not ready to hang up my leathers yet. Although getting them on and off these days is a skill in itself as they seem tighter?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2021 16:02  

Let me tell you a little story here. A few years ago I went on a ride with my dad. He was on an 1970 T120 and I was on a new T100 from 2006. He is born in 1946 and I'm born in 1982. I had to work hard to keep up with the old man. I could get him on the straights but he was fast in the corners. Give him his due, he have been on a bike for that many years and never stopped. So as many others say, if you keep on the bike your whole life, you out-experience the others ;)

Update Reply
Prahlster @ 11/08/2021 17:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email