MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

rear facing average speed cameras on m25

rear facing average speed cameras on m25 - Forums [Biker Match] rear facing average speed cameras on m25 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

rear facing average speed cameras on m25

now i know absolutely no one on here ever breaks the speed limit but the average speed cameras on the m25 roadworks by clackett lane services include some rear facing cameras. Have just come thru them and thought i'd give a heads up.

Update Reply
xj @ 03/02/2013 14:37  

They've been in the Surrey section of the M25 for ages, if you look at other side of the motorway you can see the cameras hidden in the gantries

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 03/02/2013 21:23  

Duly noted .They must be all over the place

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2013 21:27  

sneaky little hobitses.

Update Reply
xj @ 03/02/2013 21:29  

95% of motorway cams across the UK are rear facing and are all mounted at the back of the gantry as said by ragnar but I have noticed if the opp carrageway gantry has no cams you should be safe. Don't take this as gospel lol but you can see them on your side from about 100 Mrs big gray box on gantry over each lane

Update Reply
JP @ 04/02/2013 15:47  

this is about the average speed cameras - usually forward facing

Update Reply
Roughie @ 05/02/2013 12:32  

There linked and can do both jobs so I have been told

Update Reply
JP @ 05/02/2013 19:56  

The restricted speed/average speed/do what speed we tell you cameras on the M1 @Nottingham/chesterfield are gantry mounted and work. You can watch them flash at people on the other side!

Update Reply
MjN @ 08/02/2013 21:17  

average speed cameras don't flash. They are anpr cameras which calculate your speed between two sets of cameras. Each camera is only licenced to monitor one lane (theres a hint there) which is why there are more than one camera on each yellow gantry. Also because of their cost they often don't monitor the inside lane.

Update Reply
xj @ 09/02/2013 10:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email