MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

bike cover warning.....

bike cover warning..... - Forums [Biker Match] bike cover warning..... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

bike cover warning.....

Just a warning for all you riders who cover their bikes ... Even though my bike cover was tied on, to stop it lifting.. the wind still managed to get underneath resulting in blowing my, usually stable, bike over... Lucky for me the cover is a really thick one and the gravel it landed on was in a thick layer, so no damage ,,Phew! I have now moved my bike to the leeward side of the house and removed the cover...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2013 12:57  

Lucky there wasn't any damage ......You've got me worried now, I hope my kitchen doesn't blow over

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2013 14:56  

On a windy day last year I was walking home and I met my bike cover off on it's travels coming towards me up the street!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 30/01/2013 15:58  

Wow Min, a real touch of serendipity there 5 minutes earlier or later and you'd never have seen it again A timely warning GL Especially as gusts of up to 85 mph have been forecast

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/01/2013 16:12  

Well my Harley is chained down, covered and locked in my garage... So I reckon I'm pretty safe unless that pesky Wolf comes round doing his huffing and puffing act ;-)

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 30/01/2013 16:12  

Is your garage made of STRAW then HR And 62, you sound like another graduate from the Emzed school of biking Again, hopefully not made of straw

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/01/2013 16:23  

Glad I have a garage....

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 30/01/2013 21:19  

Alan has just pointed out to me my right foot peg has sheared off so annoyed i didn't notice earlier

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2013 21:44  

glad i have my lounge!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 31/01/2013 20:52  

1 hour ago, immaculate green 04 plate ZX12R. Lived outside with cover on.
Less than 1 hour ago, wind inflated cover (even though tied tight to bike) and tipped it over onto new Crossrunner then onto floor. Kwak screen smashed, exhaust, clutch cover bar ends scraped. I think cover saved bodywork from more scrape damage. Need to check both bikes when it's light.

I was only thinking over the weekend that life can't get any worse, but it can.

Lol (not).

Bugger!

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 04/02/2013 21:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email