MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013 (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013 (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

Hiya Wingman
When it don't rain the west coast is awesome all the way to Durness. The bit along the top is (mostly) boring, although there are some fun bits.
And John O'Groats is horrible, car park and a couple of tat shops basically.
They even take away the famous sign when there is no-one there to charge you for having your photo taken by it.
Same tat as Lands End basically.
Don't believe me? Google street view it. A9 ditto.
I did Le-Jog last year and it was brilliant except for LE and JOG
So it's not sour grapes but as someone who has motorbiked round most of Northern Scotland I like to point people at the good bits.
I'm looking forward to the Scotland trip and will be at the prequel too for a run up to the Kyle. See you there I hope.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/05/2013 21:02  

Ill bbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeee there lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2013 22:56  

Neither the Loch Ness camping weekend or Loch Ness the prequel is a coach excursion .
On certain dates I will be at Fort Augustas on other dates both Richard and myself will be at Bunchrew.

I'm going up early coz I want to make it a weeks holiday.
On thursday , I'm riding to Portree on The Isle Of Skye for a full tourist day.
On saturday I'm having a tourist day at Loch Ness followed by a bbq at Bunchrew (weather permitting)
I'll stop to take photo's of anything that takes my fancy. The Highlands of Scotland is a world renowned area of outstanding natural beauty. For me , this is a holiday not a trackday .
We're all 'big boys' and capable of deciding for our selves what to do on this week/weekend trip.

Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 07/05/2013 13:01  

Quacking weather were having today lol quuuuuuuuuuuuuack quack

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2013 18:48  

Hummm, down to 21 I see.
OK, confess. Who has wussed out?

Pathetic excuse for bump but....

:-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 28/06/2013 18:37  

Hi there,

I'm a new member and I am interested in your Loch Ness Camping trip!

Have you got room for one more?

Update Reply
stevie1200 @ 06/07/2013 16:00  

Hi stevie1200 , plenty of room ,
if you're coming up on the tuesday , we should be at Morrisons Dumbarton at 12:00 ish for a tank and belly full.
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 06/07/2013 17:57  

oops wrong thread . Apologies for the above .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 06/07/2013 18:00  

yep come along steve1200, the more the merrier.
dustin's prequel is shapping up good to.
remember to leave your liver with a responsible adult before setting off :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/07/2013 18:51  

I have heard the richard (sunseaandfun) is unable to make the lochness weekend....but those that are goin..... stilll go as the prequel is still gonna be there and a few others that are comin up early too. .....yu might just have to organise your own run up thats all.

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 09/07/2013 12:59  

Well as long as it all doesn't fall apart...

I'm going anyway; prequel and on from there.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/07/2013 18:48  

comeing up thursday

Update Reply
wantedpillyseat @ 09/07/2013 19:36  

I imagine that everyone has a smartphone these days so we should be able to figure out how many people are going to Bunchrew and when .
Definitely gonner have a party somewhere. Anyone traveling up early has the options of either site .

Would every one that is intending to go to Bunchrew campsite please post your NAME and INTENDED DAY of ARRIVAL on this thread . Thanks

NAME DAY

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 09/07/2013 23:11  

Can the remaining 17 of you who haven't posted on here do so so we all know who is going when and where.

Most of the recent posters on here will be doing the prequel from Tuesday and most likely won't be online.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/07/2013 18:55  

Here's a link to the calendar, for those who want to put their name down http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3915

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/07/2013 22:58  

Myself, Mr Ken and Phil the Squashy one are heading to Gods Country Sat for a weeks camping near Loch Lomond, but intention is to head over to Loch Ness at some point, so hopefully see you guys about :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/07/2013 09:44  

Hey BJ, Gods country is Wales, since when has it moved North lol

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 11/07/2013 22:08  

God's country moved north as soon as The Big Guy left Specsavers .lol

As no one has confirmed on this thread that they are definitely going to bunchrew site .
If any of you are considering 'Loch Ness the prequel' or CUMBERLANDS campsite Fort Augustus.
The site only accepts cash or cheque on the day of arrival. This is the full amount for your stay £8.00 per person per day . We have a 'hard standing'pitch for bike parking and bbqs .
We will be on site from the tuesday .planned ride out to Skye thursday .
If on arrival you tell reception you are with the Dustytour. They will direct you to our tents.
(probably just as easy to ''smell'' your way there, stale beer , stale wine and burned animal flesh . Lol
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 12/07/2013 12:37  

Anyone still going to the bunchrew site please either pm me or leave a message on here, some of us would still like to go to this site and were wondering about the numbers..

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 13/07/2013 11:26  

Morning all, hi Lyn! As you may no by now the organiser sadly has had to pull out of the Loch Ness weekend, i have this morning spoken to the Bunchrew site owner, a section of the the camping area is still reserved for Bikermatch under the code ''Loch Ness Ride'' you can all turn up and camp and pay without having to forward pay/book, hope this clarifies the position. Hopefull the organiser Dusty of the prequel will stick by his original plan and come over to Bunchrew on the fri for fun and enjoyment, after all we dont want to do competing weekends now do we Dusty!!!! over to you sir!!! I plan to go up sharp fri morning travelling up from in between Glasgow and Edinburgh, probably up the A9. Hope to see loads of you guys and gals there??!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2013 12:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email