MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ouch....

Ouch.... - Forums [Biker Match] Ouch.... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ouch....

Well today nearly cost me dearly....have using bike loads lately and therefore only using the petrol station to fill bike up........I used the car today as it raining cats and mutts......its a diesel...can you see where i am goin with this...... What made matters worst the AA man that came to my rescue was the same one that had to come out the day before, for a flat battery. AND he is a biker....needless to say he just smiled......lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2007 12:19  

you didnt start it did you?AA man told me thats the worst thing you can do when I did the same thing last month :oops:

Update Reply
Tunny @ 19/08/2007 12:40  

no...thank god. Jason the AA man drained a gallon of petrol out and we filled it up with diesel...apparently if you only put a small amount in ( 5 litres in my case ) you can dilute it..... I have worked in Garages over the years and have seen loads of folks do it....felt such a numpty. Think I owe the bloke a drink if I see him at Bassetts Pole on Tueday...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2007 12:47  

am i missing something? Sorry im tired so im probably being thick lol. So what happened in the car???

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/08/2007 12:51  

Diesel Cars don't like Petrol...and after sepending 90 mins panicing I was about to foot a rather large bill for draining the tank..AA man fixed it....I am such a plank.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2007 12:55  

I put diesel into a petrol car once,then I set off down the road.500 yrds later the car let out a huge cloud of black smoke & died.Luckily I got a tow home & just drained it it out.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 19/08/2007 14:08  

It says a lot when you know the AA man on first name terms lol

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 19/08/2007 14:09  

It says a lot when you know the AA man on first name terms lol lol one of our members (fatmanonholiday) was my regular breakdown guy when I had my Honda Lou, it's good that you got it sorted

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/08/2007 18:26  

diesel in a petrol car is not so bad,,,,,, petrol in a diesel !! just dies then costs £90+ try nitro

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2007 19:28  

Actualy a small amount of petrol in a diesel isnt that bad. Aviation fuel is the best stuff to put into 'em

Update Reply
Oggy @ 19/08/2007 20:26  

petrol in a diesel is bad!! you dry the seals on the pump baby and ya talkin hundreds to repair it! a lot of times ya get away with it..but it waits...and bites ya on the arse when ya need it least...nitro?? you mean nitrous right? nitro methonal wont run on a stock motor buddy....

Update Reply
bumperscraper @ 19/08/2007 21:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email