MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

D Day Beaches Trip July 2013

D Day Beaches Trip July 2013 - Forums [Biker Match] D Day Beaches Trip July 2013 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

D Day Beaches Trip July 2013

Planning a D day weekend 19thjuly to 21July. Leave Dover Friday afternoon to travel to Bayeux where we stay overnight. Sat see the tapestry and then onto beaches/cemetries et, overnight stay tba, more beaches and Mulberry harbour then return to calais for early evening train back to UK, approx cost expected to be around £250 per bike,shuttle,hotels,fuel,food. Please express interest and I will finalise details and load onto events.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 21/01/2013 00:34  

I'm always up for a brief incursion onto the 'other side of the road' and riding the other way around roundabouts ! :-) Yes please

Update Reply
SprintSTeve @ 21/01/2013 22:25  

Can recommend the Normandy Beach b and b in Arromanches,very bike friendly and a good base for the beaches.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 22/01/2013 13:05  

i might be interested in that - funds permitting!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 22/01/2013 20:17  

We did Normandy & the beaches last year.....wonderful esp the Omar beach & Cemetary

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 23/01/2013 11:01  

Omaha beach cemetry is particularly humbling... Of the beaches themselves, seeing just how far those guys had to run carrying weapons and munitions through hell makes one think just how lucky we are not to have been one of them. The hotel/ ferry/tunnel will need booking soon so its going on the diary very soon with what detail I already have. I can add stuff later as planning becomes finalised.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 23/01/2013 14:58  

OK add your name to this list if you are 90% certain you want/can go. copy n paste it to next message. Rossoandy plus WMF

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 23/01/2013 15:00  

Oooops spell check Janine
UK cemetary wasnt as humbling as u cud pass it on the road whereas u wudnt know that the USA 1 was where it is....we passed many monuments further inland in little villages.....they went much further inland than u can imagine

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 23/01/2013 16:02  

Ye xxxj9xxx area is full of interesting stuff from |WW2...and we just going to manage a brief taster in two days there...but its a start for those who never been at all. Pont de hoc is worth a visit,a cratered hell.. The arromanches mulberry view from the road is all we will manage.. Merie st eglise of course...

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 23/01/2013 17:56  

If you have the time the WW2 museum at Bayeux is very good,watch for museums etc shutting for lunch-not great if you get there at 11 and they shut at 12 for two hours-we did the tapestry,had lunch and were on their doorstep waiting for them to open at two,last ones out when they shut at half six.Pegasus bridge well worth a look too.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 23/01/2013 18:45  

This event is on the calendar, thanks W.M.F. and Andy http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3910

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/01/2013 21:15  

This sounds good... My names down

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2013 20:28  

get ya names down so I can gauge interest and get stuff sorted in detail

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 15/02/2013 15:58  

Heloooo all if you want this trip please put your name on the events listing...thanks

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 11/03/2013 15:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email