MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

helmet cam or similar

helmet cam or similar - Forums [Biker Match] helmet cam or similar - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

helmet cam or similar

Am looking to maybe purchase/fit a Helmet cam or similar, for my hols this year maybe attach to Pan fairing or where ever. Not to worried bout price more looking for the right thing. wide angle lens, be able to charge internal battery maybe of Bike. a decent length of recording time etc etc. anybody got one? used one? recomend one etc? Thanks Gareth

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2013 22:43  

If money is no object and you want the gold standard, then there is only 1 cam of choice: GoPro Hero 3 Black Motorsports Edition 1080p

Update Reply
phasmatis @ 18/01/2013 07:19  

I agree with Phas OB As I said in chat last night/this morning Go Pro is THE camera The model you choose is up to you But you won't be disappointed whichever one you get Look forward to seeing footage of your exploits north of the border

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/01/2013 10:00  

Excellent guys thanks for the info/input very much appreciated. Looks like it's gonna be a GoPro dont need it just yet as wont be going to far for a while funnilly enough. But summers coming. (Hopefully lol) Cheers Gareth

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2013 17:09  

I use the Drift Inovation HD 170. The quality is the same as the Go Pro. It has a built in screen (Go Pro doesn't) and it's a lot cheaper than the Go Pro, and it fits better on my helmet (less obtrusive). You can buy them online now for around £160. The latest model is around £250, it's half the size.

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 20/01/2013 15:24  

oh right ok lol bugger just when i thought i'd made my mind up lol. just as well i got plenty of time lol cheers Gareth

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2013 16:26  

Ha ha, ain't it always the way OB Just when you think you've made your mind up Then something comes along, to make you question it Maybe you should try to look at some footage Shot from both cameras, to help you decide It might help you to decide on one or tuther

Update Reply
Emzed @ 21/01/2013 18:18  

yea mate lol, found a shop in west london who sells em hopefully stocks them, will take a blast over there soon as i get a chance lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2013 19:22  

would i be able to connect one of these cams via a usb cable for instance to a pocket hard drive anyone know?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/01/2013 20:55  

well on the drift u can insert a 32 gb card , it will hold a weeks filming , no different to go pro , if i film all day on the bike , i need to take two batterys , 1 battery will last 3/4 of a day , ive done all the tests on quality between the go pro and drift and they are exactly the same , but with the drift you can see what your shooting at the time , no dissapointment on lost footage once you get home ??

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 24/01/2013 00:17  

32gb is ok for a weeks filming? ok i did'nt realise that. maybe i'll just take 2 or maybe 3 cards theres a lot of good roads north of the wall lol. i plan to get over to that shop in chiswick and invest some of me hard earned in a camera thank. Gareth

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2013 08:20  

Thanks for all the info Buzz I'm sure OB and a few others will be making vids now Maybe have a special section or "Thread" for new vids Either way I'm looking forward to seeing some footage And maybe add some myself

Update Reply
Emzed @ 24/01/2013 12:01  

i too use a drift stealth , it has a rotatable lens, so its easy for me to set up the 'horizon' while its on a mount on the bike, as can see if level on the led screen

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2013 13:38  

But for those people who haven't got the cash to splash guys ... there are some really good priced cameras which will do a similar job for next to nothing ..I have a couple of cameras that i use and both of them did not cost more than £50 .. there are lots on the good old ebay and the other selling sites ...so dont be put off by the prices ..this is the way to go me thinks if you want to give it a go ..and if its not for you ....your not stuck with an expensive bit of kit laying around doing nothing ...I will put some of my footage on at some point as a comparison to the Big Buck Bailey's out there ....

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 27/01/2013 12:05  

So what are the models that are acceptable for £50ish?

Update Reply
mad munky @ 28/01/2013 16:08  

Any of these will do the job Not quite the same quality or capacity of the "top" brands But good enough for a record of your ride http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-Sport-HD-720P-1280...51a3674020 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-Action-Sport-Digit...em4ac02908 Mine http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPORTS-CAMERA-MOTOR-BIKE-CYCL...416e4ef6ed Other online cams http://www.eheavenshopping.com/index.php?main_page=inde...tAodT2oAAA I'm sure you'll find something to suit your purpose and pocket from these

Update Reply
Emzed @ 28/01/2013 16:47  

Many thanks I'll get browsing

Update Reply
mad munky @ 28/01/2013 18:15  

Thanks Emzed.. Good choice there pal

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 29/01/2013 18:47  

Not had a chance to test it yet Malc But I'm sure it'll do the job for rides and track days And I daren't tell you what I paid for it Let's just say it was a "steal" A pricing mistake by the seller had a flood of orders for em They were so cheap that some folk bought 5 I too will post some footage, once I've "Christened" it

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/01/2013 16:58  

Not had a chance to test it yet Malc But I'm sure it'll do the job for rides and track days And I daren't tell you what I paid for it Let's just say it was a "steal" A pricing mistake by the seller had a flood of orders for em They were so cheap that some folk bought 5 I too will post some footage, once I've "Christened" it

Update Reply
Emzed @ 30/01/2013 16:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email