MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

From Scotland????? Just joined the site?

From Scotland????? Just joined the site? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] From Scotland????? Just joined the site? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

From Scotland????? Just joined the site?

More than welcome GS

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2013 12:34  

The more the merrier

Update Reply
rangergordy @ 17/01/2013 22:06  

Im heading down ayrshire way for a wintery ride today (saturday) anyone around, give us a wave, yea I know, must be "keen" bla bla.

Update Reply
eljay17 @ 19/01/2013 10:57  

Maybe down that way ,mid-afternoon ish

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2013 12:12  

Sounds good to me ......... a meet up and a run to get the cobwebs off.

Update Reply
BLUE BANDIT @ 19/01/2013 15:11  

Im up for a run 2, but no in this weather, my baby all clean and under cover at the moment lol. let me know when you guys are up for a run in the better weather, it would be great to get out together x

Update Reply
Jdog29 @ 19/01/2013 17:28  

Oh forgot to say welcome newbies, iam to and i think the site great everyone very friendly x

Update Reply
Jdog29 @ 19/01/2013 17:30  

Newbie member here, just hit on the site by accident and joined up after reading this post.
I'm Hamilton based so pretty well placed to ride any direction and I hope there's something in the offing soon.
I'm still on the road through the winter - but on the nicer days!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 19/01/2013 20:38  

It was snowing when I left so nearly bailed out but sunny an dry roads down by killie way,only seen 2 other bykes out today, 1 at kilmarnock an the other when i got back hame, ffs! just a thought, maybe the rest o the bykes saw me first, well i am on a dating site for a reason, ha!

Update Reply
eljay17 @ 19/01/2013 20:42  

Welcome to the newbies

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2013 00:30  

HI i've looked around the site for a while but just become a paid up member today. I'm not far from the Scotttish Borders,(well near Hexham) and like the other lady jdog29 passed my test about 2 years ago. you all seem a friendly bunch would love to start getting out more (in the nicer weather) so if you're coming over by the borders please let me know. Or I love the run up to Dumfries and Southerness fanatastic run out..
ps still not keen on Hartside lol prefer A68.. one day I'm sure I'll pass the cyclists going up Hartside (only joking) not that bad , but not that good on corners !!

Update Reply
JoseyJo @ 26/01/2013 16:34  

Welcome Josey jo like you i have just recently joined the site, they are defo a friendly bunch. i know what you mean about not being that great on the corners, ive been told it comes with loads of practise. i went on an advanced course that was a great experience well worth it learned a lot, just have to put it into practise now. if your up my way in the better weather give me a shout x

Update Reply
Jdog29 @ 26/01/2013 20:12  

Welcome Josey Jo

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2013 02:21  

A very warm welcome to all you newbies north of the border Good to see the Scots contingent growing nicely Bobkat and Madscots will be pleased to give you a personal welcome I'm sure And Josey Jo & Jdog29, check out Rockchickeelicious She was "pants" on corners she says Until she discovered "counter steering" Once you have that "under your belt" ( or helmet in this case ) The "real" thrill of biking will grab you and stay with you for life Ride on Ride safe Ride free

Update Reply
Emzed @ 27/01/2013 02:22  

Thanks Jdog29 I will, i've been on an advanced riding thing too and like Emzed has mentioned have just started counter steering - how the heck it works I Just dont know but it seems too - just having the confidence to trust it i guess.. my problem i think is my partner who flies off and i think i should be keeping up with him, this year i'm just gona go at my own speed and he can wait wherever he stops - he can have an extra coffee - one day maybe lol !!

Update Reply
JoseyJo @ 27/01/2013 09:05  

Go at your own speed and 'arrive alive' matey............... your partner should make allowances for your inexperience. Playing catchup is NOT a good game to play. I have seen that, the hole in the hedge is still there.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 27/01/2013 13:36  

Thanks emzed will have a look. Know what you mean Josey jo, i have a few male mates who i go out with, but they have been riding for years, and for a while i was playing the catch up game but dont do it now i just go at my own pace they just wait for me now, usually by the time i get caught up its my turn on the coffees lol x

Update Reply
Jdog29 @ 27/01/2013 20:34  

Hi all, been on a few years now and met a few members up and down the country ( was based in Cornwall last few years in the forces ) now in Dundee, when I'm not away working I usually crack a few rally's south or i'm out on the bike most days anywhere from edinburgh up to Inverness, occasionally as far as Wick....so anyone looking for trip give me a shout or if you want to go for a wee tour I know a few good runs..... Alternatively if you end up far from home up Dundee ways your welcome for hot cuppa at mine.... katie get that bike sorted out lol ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2013 21:22  

Thank you for all of the welcomes and advice i feel more confident already x Pity the weather isnt better - but soon hopefully

Update Reply
JoseyJo @ 29/01/2013 19:58  

Anyone heading up green welly direction tomorrow ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2013 00:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email