MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bike names

Bike names (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Bike names (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bike names

i liked the b+one yu looked like one of Sharpes women!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 16/08/2007 14:53  

Sharp? that's me, sharpest knife in the spoon section ROFL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/08/2007 14:55  

Sharp? that's me, sharpest knife in the spoon section ROFL

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/08/2007 14:55  

Kwak.I have noticed that one of the girls has refered to her bike & her car as a she.Its not just us men who are gender specific & why does it really need to be an issue? Theres nothing derogatry meant by it

Update Reply
Oggy @ 16/08/2007 15:23  

my aplogies Kwak.Wasnt you saying it was

Update Reply
Oggy @ 16/08/2007 15:24  

but on the subject of harleys,dont always get you where you want to go

Update Reply
Oggy @ 16/08/2007 15:26  

My bikes all have names:

"The Daytona"

"The SV"

"The Gixer"

"The piece of shit Yamaha 250 that needs 3 more cylinders and 750cc"

Simple.

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 16/08/2007 15:54  

Mines has two names. "Big Bertha" and the "No68". I use "No68" more often as it handles and is as big as a bus.

Update Reply
rattler @ 16/08/2007 16:02  

Does that means it does Aigburth to Bootle and nothing else? (Scouse in-joke)

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/08/2007 16:35  

Kwak, regarding photos - If I see someone without a MAIN photo of themselves, then I PM them. If they have one of themselves in their album, then I change it.All moderators have the ability to do this also.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/08/2007 16:42  

If they have one of themselves in their album, then I change it.All moderators have the ability to do this also. How do you KNOW the pic is of THEM?? It could be a family member. Not sure I like your method, a bit dictatorial, but I do agree with you that everyone should show a full face pic of themselves. If mods have the ability then why are there still so many profiles with main pics of something else or without their whole face showing (shades, hats, helmets) or worse still NO PIC at all?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/08/2007 16:58  

My bike's called Lilly. Some of the letters in the plate and the car is Wilma because of the plate again. (sad I know) When I ordered the bike at the dealer they gave me list of plates and when I chose it that name just jumped out... All I could hear was the other bokes in the shop sniggering and someone saying why do girls always name them...! I think it adds character and fun! My mate says his car & bike have got names too... V5 & R1... What an imagination!!!! Say no more

Update Reply
babbsy @ 16/08/2007 16:59  

I've never given any names, but the guy I bought it from told me it was called Mary Doll. And would you believe it's on the bottom of the number plate.

Update Reply
bikebird @ 16/08/2007 17:07  

Mine are called the rat & the other one is called the harris . nice & simple just like me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2007 17:29  

My car is 'jane' for reasons best known to me lol and the bike..its jason at the moment, but i've no doubt that will change when we become familiar

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 16/08/2007 18:10  

R A Wills, it got up to Matlock last weekend. I suppose I should name her the "Queen Mary", as with the rain on thw way home it sailed majesticly.

Update Reply
rattler @ 16/08/2007 19:27  

the ZZR is Budgie ..... she's bright blue and has a highly sensitive alarm that cheeps a warning at people passing about 5 miles too close!!! the CG is Robin .... bright red, and she came after Budgie so i thought i would name her after a bird as well.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/08/2007 18:22  

I refer the right honorable woman to my previous statement.

There's no hope for you people

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/08/2007 18:29  

No there is no help for me what so ever, i am beyond redemption! Bikes are female, i dont care what anyone says, they have curves, respond well to a subtle touch and if you are crass and careless with them, they will hurt you badly! Oh and they are contrary little misses as well, they always refuse to start when you need to run a mercy mission, just cos you havent paid them enough attention for a few weeks, but the next day when you go back to them, they start on the button!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/08/2007 19:24  

Well Fraglette! If bikes are female they should be called hormonal pain in the a**e . "Runs for cover" INCOMING!

Update Reply
rattler @ 18/08/2007 19:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email