MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Heated Grips

Heated Grips (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Heated Grips (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Heated Grips

Progress indeed XJ

I think you have cracked it Well done that man No more flat batteries

Update Reply
Emzed @ 22/12/2012 00:22  

Perhaps you can post a simple schematic for fellow BMers to take a look at ? I'd like a look at it, as it seems a very sensible arrangement

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/12/2012 02:38  

I had Oxford grips the power control broke so sent then back for repair/replacement which they did but it took a bit of argy bargy to get them sorted

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2012 16:42  

Well Bob, although it's always sad to hear of bike gear failing It is good to hear of a positive outcome, no matter how protracted I do however share your disapproval/disappointment for the "aggro" Why can't they just say ..... "Sorry must be a faulty one" "Here, have another/have your money back" Like the LAW say's they should

Update Reply
Emzed @ 25/12/2012 20:15  

bike magazine are offering a FREE pair of keis heated grips worth £50 when you take out a years subscription to their magazine. the years subscription costs £44.28 and can be found on

http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/motorcycles/bike-magazine.html

a bit pricey but may be of interest.

have just noticed the comment by emzed about a schematic. give me chance to work one out and i will post it.

Update Reply
xj @ 02/01/2013 23:09  

not sure if it will come out but the next post should have the schematic in it. i wired the activation side of the relay to both wires of my rear brake light switch. the relay came from halfords and was about £4, bear in mind the grips will draw a bit of current so get a high amp relay. the numbers in the relay for the connections are generic i think, but it may be worth checking with a multimeter to make sure it is correct.

Update Reply
xj @ 02/01/2013 23:39  

Update Reply
xj @ 02/01/2013 23:39  

Thanks for trying XJ As you probably know by now The schematic has not come out completely A real shame

Update Reply
Emzed @ 03/01/2013 02:54  

tis all there.
A fused supply from the battery through the load circuit of the relay to the grips' switch.
The supply taken from the rear brake light circuit to the activation circuit of the relay.
Ignore the wire colours as they are likely to be different on every bike anyhow.
I didn't incorporate the drawing into a bike wiring diagram as they will be different bike to bike too.
There are many places to take the supply wires for the activation circuit but i stuck my relay to the side of my airbox behind the right hand side panel and the rear brake light switch was inches away so an ideal supply, already fused and controlled by the ignition switch.

Update Reply
xj @ 03/01/2013 08:18  

Ah, gotcha XJ Just me bein a bit dim Havin another "senior" moment

Update Reply
Emzed @ 03/01/2013 15:58  

we all get them. With me it's getting to work on warm sunny summer days. I seem to get lost and end up in wales or somewhere on beautiful roads.

Update Reply
xj @ 03/01/2013 17:03  

Well those kind of "senior" moments are much more forgivable XJ

Update Reply
Emzed @ 03/01/2013 17:16  

heated grips fitted as standard both on me Pan and the K75 WORTH EVERY PENNY. Also Emzed the DR bike ones you mentioned a few of my colleague Londonium couriers rate that make highly in fact if i had'nt flogged the GT and got the K75 i'd have bought em for that. I've also got the KEISS heated jacket oh soooooooooooooooooooooo good n warm n cosy lol worth every penny

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2013 11:54  

i have a heated waistcoat which is brilliant, it works of battery's so i can also use it for walking skiing and even work

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/01/2013 15:30  

i got the gerbing coz of tneir lifetime warranty. Took some saving but well worth it. Don't buy the made in china ones though, only get the ones with made in the usa on the label.

Update Reply
xj @ 13/01/2013 15:42  

Keis is made in China, at least the jacket i have is, 2 winters so far no problems what so ever, would buy one again without questio, wonderful piece of kit

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2013 17:46  

was only refering to the gerbing jackets. had nothing but trouble with my chinese one, and looking on t'internet so had others. got mine exchanged last year for a made in america one and no probs. the guy i was dealing with also admitted the yank ones were better than the chinese and gerbing have only imported american ones since early last year.
have heard good stories about the keis range though.

Update Reply
xj @ 14/01/2013 22:14  

I love my Gerbings gloves !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2013 13:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email