MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Autumn Camp 2013 - Opinions Please

Autumn Camp 2013 - Opinions Please - Forums [Biker Match] Autumn Camp 2013 - Opinions Please - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Autumn Camp 2013 - Opinions Please

As some of you know, there were a few problems with the Autumn Camp this year. I've been looking at a new venue for 2013, although The Anchor are keen for us to return there. They enjoy having BMers visit and I have to say that they always give us a warm welcome. I've been in touch with the team at The Anchor and have decided to let the members decide on what we do for 2013. These are the options so please leave your comments and preferences below. Option 1: Keep the event at The Anchor, Friskney. No entertainment on Friday, Live Band on Saturday. No charge for the weekend. The rules regarding not consuming your own food and drink will be in place and will be enforced. Option 2: Move to a new venue. Bands on Friday and Saturday night. This would probably be a proper camp site at a pub which we will have to pay for, along with the bands. You'd be able to bring your own food but the ticket price for the weekend will be in the region of £15 to cover the costs. It would also be advance purchase of tickets only the same as Kiss, with no tickets available on the gate. Let me know people and I'll go with what you want.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 13/12/2012 15:31  

Option 2 sounds like its more like a Rally rather than a camping weekend, and with the KISS Rally in the same month, maybe just a tad too much ?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/12/2012 16:59  

Can't do wivout me Friskney fix; and would like a bit o music on the friday nite as well, even if just a boombox. No objection to a whip round either - I mean monetary u perverts

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/12/2012 18:49  

As for the Ancor Inn I would not camp there as the place is to small the feild next to it is a broken leg waiting to happen and you dont have control over the site. Option 2 is as BJ says

Update Reply
JP @ 13/12/2012 22:11  

Some people could break a bone in a carpark, let alone a nice soft field...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/12/2012 23:28  

Option 2 please.

Denis

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 14/12/2012 00:39  

I wasn't aware of any problems this year. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and would like to repeat it

Update Reply
Carolerd350 @ 14/12/2012 07:32  

I did enjoy this year's do except for getting grumped at for making my own coffee in the morning.
On that basis alone I would suggest a change, either of location or rules.
I'm not too worried about the cost. After the gas, food and beer bill it would be a drop in the ocean.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/12/2012 07:49  

XK I didnt break any bones on the car park I ripped the rota cuff off my left sholder and the tendon in my arm

Update Reply
JP @ 14/12/2012 09:32  

i think option 2 is better although i enjoyed friskney i like to have the option of bringing my own beer/food.i dont mind paying extra if we know in advance we can plan for it.i wont be going if its at friskney again as camping was a nightmare more music needed and a bigger dance floor.the room for the bands was like being in my living room way to small !!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 14/12/2012 17:25  

Plan B

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/12/2012 19:57  

option 2 but i will still go to Friskney as well

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/12/2012 02:13  

Should we have two autumn camps then?
Nah that's stupid idea.
Just ignore me till I've had a my second cup of coffee.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/12/2012 07:29  

Why not a Spring camp?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/12/2012 07:37  

Undoubtedly a spring camp will exist. Might be in Dent again because other than the catastrophic hangover's it was brilliant.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/12/2012 07:41  

Steve, I meant a spring camp organised by BMers

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/12/2012 07:44  

So did I, see Dent in the Dales

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/12/2012 07:52  

PML, I should read the calendar more often *click clack* = sound of knitting needles as I knit myself yet another 'blonde' wig

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/12/2012 08:01  

Sandi there has been spring camps in wales in 2010/2011 only reson we didnt do one this year was a few of the mids events team unwell this year so concentrated on the rally

Update Reply
JP @ 15/12/2012 09:42  

Forgot the canel weekend aswell

Update Reply
JP @ 15/12/2012 10:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email