MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Employment law, can anyone advise?

Employment law, can anyone advise? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Employment law, can anyone advise? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Employment law, can anyone advise?

I have checked with the agency we use and from what i have read unfortunately he has no come back. More and more companies are using agency staff as they can just get rid when they feel like it, not saying its right. Word of wisdom to everybody, make sure you get EVERYTING regarding your emplyment in writing.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/12/2012 20:27  

Spot on Jax as usual And if the buggers wont sign "co-sign" documents you know they are "dodgy" there and then Which should be enough of a warning to at least start "looking" elsewhere But I personally wouldn't work for anyone who wouldn't sign a reasonable contract Maybe I was unusual in my working life But I used to attend interviews to see if the firm/individual was worth my valuable skills/expertise Not in any "overt" way that would be rude But I was often offered work by the end of the discussion And sometimes had to be the one to say .. "I'll let you know" or "No thank you" But written terms and conditions, job description and duties are a MUST

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/12/2012 08:40  

Johnnytb is right, unfortunately it will come down to the young fella's word against the manager, it has nothing to do with Agency Worker's Rights (they have barely any!) the bottom line is as Johnny said in his post....no witnesses=no case. The young guy should see the CAB for free and impartial advice to set his mind at rest and then seek employment elsewhere. Personally you couldn't pay me £1000 a week to work for any agency, I would rather starve than be treated the way they treat people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2012 16:43  

I have to differ with you Lulu, I have worked for the agency now for 11 - 12 years as a driver. Some people do get treat bad, but, i you are good at your job, what ever your job is, then you will work. The agencies know who they can mess with and who they need to keep sweet. A worker that helps the client and gets on with what ever they are asked to do, will get asked for again. If you do get a bad deal then you say bye bye and move on. I've known guys move agency and the client has moved with the worker. Bearing also in mind, most workers have the thought that they work for the agency, wrong thought. You sign on the agency as a worker, you sell them your skill. But also, you sign on so they can sell your skill, and if they don't, get on the phone. Tell them straight, "i didn't sign on with you to sit at home on my arse mate, where's my work" They are there to work for you as you them. When they find out that you want to earn money and you are good at it, there will be no sitting at home. Half a million and more eastern Europeans can prove that. That's why a lot of English workers are sat at home, they just have that old union attitude, that's not my job, i don't do that. So the agency just says fine, sit at home an don't do anything i'll get Mr or Miss Polski to do it. And on certain jobs i know nearly a £1000 a week is not unattainable.

Update Reply
esspique @ 21/12/2012 20:46  

Thats good to know about your experience with agencies Esspique, Im sure they do work for some people but thankfully I don't need to use them (and will not) but Im not going to debate about the pros and cons of agencies on Sweeney's thread about getting advice for his friend's bad experience....another thread could be used for that Im sure. Lets just hope the young fella gets another job and soon!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2012 03:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email