MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Thundersprint to move to Anglesey Race Circuit

Thundersprint to move to Anglesey Race Circuit - Forums [Biker Match] Thundersprint to move to Anglesey Race Circuit - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Thundersprint to move to Anglesey Race Circuit

Seems the Thundersprint is moving to Anglesey for 2013! Next year’s Thundersprint sees the unique celebration of all that is good about classic and modern motorcycling at the breathtaking Anglesey Race Circuit. Thundersprint organiser, Frank Melling, said: “Anglesey is one of the world’s great circuits. Its 2.1 miles of superb track enjoy one of the most spectacular settings anywhere, overlooking the Caernarvon Bay with views stretching all the way to Snowdonia. There’s not many circuits where dolphins can watch the racing! “The facilities are superb too and the welcome we have been offered has been outstanding. “In short, the Anglesey track will take the Thundersprint on to the next level. “We will have a packed day of activities both on and off the track and as with all Thundersprints we are offering a welcome not only to the motorcycle world but to the whole community. We want to see Mum, Dad and the kids having a great time at the Thundersprint and soaking in the unique atmosphere.” Richard Peacock, Operations Director of the Anglesey Circuit, said: “We are delighted to be hosting the Thundersprint at our circuit. The Thundersprint is acknowledged as one of the great motorcycling events in the world and we intend providing a setting worthy of a festival of this status. “Not only do we have a superb track but we also have great spectator facilities including a beautiful campsite. “There is already a real buzz amongst our staff at the thought of having the Thundersprint here and we just can’t wait for next April.”

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 12/11/2012 14:13  

i think it may spoil the all nature of the event, they may also charge you to get in, and it's going to take hell of a lot longer for most people to get there,

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/11/2012 14:34  

From what I remember, there was talk in May that because of roadworks and building in the centre of Northwich, Thundersprint 2013 was going to have to take on a different format even if it stayed in the town.
Funny thing is, I spoke to Frank Melling on a different matter a few days ago and he didn't drop as much as a hint!
Certainly it's always been free in Northwich the last few years, and before that in Heaton Park in Manchester and in Southport.
At least NABD will be happy as Thundersprint was always the weekend of their rally, and just 10 miles or sleep up the road. Now it looks as if they'll have Cheshire to themselves that weekend.

Update Reply
Wills @ 12/11/2012 20:12  

The Thundersprint has always been a good day out,and while Anglesey is nice its a long way to go for the day.
Suspect Northwich council will try to retain it when they realise how much business their town centre will lose that weekend,I always got the impression that Northwich centre was struggling for trade as it was without losing the Thundersprint too.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 12/11/2012 20:51  

Oooops just done a post on this myself Blackberry.
I am pleased with the move
Camping is free and going the day before then u can make a weekend out of it.....in fact u cud even go on the Fri
Its nice to see things closer for us than having to travel 100's of miles to events.

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 14/11/2012 14:27  

so were is it now

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 14/11/2012 15:44  

Its definatley at Trac Mon in Anglesey Bill
April 21 2013

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 14/11/2012 17:37  

Definately a bad move on the organisers part,been last two years,tons more people there this year than last,suspect viewing spaces will be plentiful in 2013!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 14/11/2012 22:18  

Sprint....have u ever been to Trac Mon?????
There is more than plenty of spectator space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And people who have to travel can make a weekend of it and be on site whereas with Northwich u may well stay there but wud have to travel into town centre

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 14/11/2012 22:54  

As said,Anglesey is lovely but a long way for a day out,there will be loads of space as I can't see anywhere near as many people bothering going that far as went to Northwich,I wouldn't and I have friends in Llangefni I could stay with!
If I do a 300 mile round trip with a b and b (I don't do camping) then it would be the moto gp.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 14/11/2012 23:00  

Its an each to their own then Sprint.....many people do travel far to go see events.....BSB have been to Trac Mon.....I bet a few went to see that event
U dont know what ur missing by not doing camping....we do both tent or van camping....its great fun

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 14/11/2012 23:06  

found the place now, do people realy think that people will want to travel all that way, you wont get anywere near as many people there as Northwich but there again if you look at how many attend the race meeting there i suppose it will still seam like a good crowd, its not just the miles its the time, i love riding in Wales and have been to Anglesey a number of times but it would take far to long to get there

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/11/2012 01:33  

Depends where u are in the country Bill as to whether how long it takes to get there

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/11/2012 09:29  

Excuse my ignorance but is the show going to Anglesey as well, and will it take place on the same day as the racing?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/11/2012 10:44  

Everything is going to Trac Mon Sandi

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/11/2012 10:50  

Righto, thanks J9 This event is now on the calendar, thanks BB and J9 2013 sees the introduction of an entrance fee, see the calendar for details http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3810

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/11/2012 11:29  

I take it you wont be going then Bill Croeso i pawb ... Every one welcome .. Its a great track and fantastic surroundings .. good roads to get to it ..what else do you want ..

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 14/01/2013 19:36  

Got my tickets for this half price at the Manchester Motorcycle Show last weekend. However according to the people on the stand, and the website, camping is £20 per tent/van for the 3 days Friday to Sunday. However according to the website, tickets are half-price until 1st April.
Because of the difference in the tracks, it is going to be different to the Northwich Thundersprint - but it still looks as if it could be a great weekend.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 15/01/2013 00:57  

no its not for me Intruder its the same weekend as MCN Butlins which is a brilliant weekend so i shall be there, anyway if your going to a race track you might as well go to a proper one and see a BSB meeting or even a decent club race

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 15/01/2013 18:49  

WELL SAID Intruder
Its p***ing me rite off when people run Trac Mon down and its the ones that havent even been there!!!!!!!
I wud rather be camping out there than be stuck in a Butlins chalet lololol.
My other half has got his 2 Wheel pass for the year for Trac Mon & I have got my ticket Half price from Thundersprint site
It cant come quick enuff.

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 15/01/2013 21:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email