MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The thieves are about

The thieves are about - Forums [Biker Match] The thieves are about - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The thieves are about

Just a heads up for M23 area (and any other area). I know we are all vigilent anyway...BUT.... last week someone checked out my security and they came back last night for a second look and then made an attempt this morning. two lads with hoodies on a small 125. Unfortunately didn't see their faces or manage to get a reg. Luckily for me (apart from the security shed, shed alarm, bike alarm etc) I have the best security system in the world living with me.....my mother. Blimey I didn't know she could swear like that....scared the off before any damage could be done...but I don't doubt they will be back.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 30/10/2012 09:06  

Glad that you're ok RB and that they didn't take anything, thieving gits!! There always seem to be a surge in this sort of thing once the clocks go back and the darker evening/nights are here, so it is worth just checking everything, to make sure things are as safe as possible.

A few years ago, 3 blokes tried breaking into my shed - but like yours it was alarmed and locked up to the hilt! When I yelled at them from an upstairs window to off, one of them just turned round and said 'oh shut up, we know you live on your own'!!!! so they had obviously been doing their homework.

Sooooo only one thing left to do....... phoned a neighbour, and suggested he let his (very big and moody) dogs out for a midnight play! Ha!

It was quite funny, seeing them scramble for the fence.... and they never came back!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/10/2012 09:17  

got VERY secure garage infra red cctv 3 cameras working on a 4th and security lights can see both garage doors all time in living room watchin tele at night

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/10/2012 22:06  

Isn't it sad tho that we have to resort to security measures at all?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/10/2012 22:54  

scum bags..... friend once bought some brake discs at the bmf bash and they were kinda cble tyed together anyhow (he shoulda checked really) when got home they had clear angle grinder kinda markes in em where a disc lock had been broke off em.... probs off a stolen bike......... the scum bags and with the cost of living at the mo i would imagine it might get worse ? ... now where is me electric shock trip wires......its not on and there is only so much you can do unless got loads money to put trackers and allsorts on

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/10/2012 23:01  

Yes it is sad we have to go to the lenghts we do but in the end if thay are that set on taking your bike thay will find a way to get round all your locks cams and other security measures. I hope you have all the luck in keeping you bikes safe. But if any get to court and prosicuted the names of the scum bags should be posted on here with a pic and area so we can keep tabs on them. Most of this info can be obtained from local papers and the court listings.
How about a scumbag thread Matt ?

Update Reply
JP @ 31/10/2012 16:33  

Hi JP and Matt. i have a feeling that doing that would contravene the DPA (Data Protection Act)......it would need to be checked out legally first before putting a thread up like that. It would be nice if we could, but I would hate for the site to get into trouble cos of the toe rags. A public flogging wouldn't go amiss but apparently that is illegal these day too.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 31/10/2012 17:07  

Now now JP we don't want to infringe scumbags "civil rights" do we? Just catch em and put em on ice till a nice big rally when EVERYBODY can have a go. @ Rowanblossom Public flogging is out,don't know if they have banned "ducking stools"though.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2012 17:10  

If its is in the local paper and avalible on the court listing How can we be doing anything wrong but if we cant do that lets give them a dam good kicking. In private so its not a public flogging

Update Reply
JP @ 31/10/2012 17:21  

How about a notice which says: 'You have activated my alarm. If u do not leave immediately, my shotgun will go off!' 'ps - it is aimed at bollock level'

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2012 18:32  

Good idea , Scumbag thread, though, I bet if one of the poor under-priviliged darlings saw it, there would be legal action pending because thier "human rights" were being infringed.

Just renewed my bike insurance today, every year there seems to be more conditions on the policy, pillions, types of use, etc etc. I wonder if I can actually ride it on certain days now?

Update Reply
clarkee @ 31/10/2012 18:37  

oops sorry, Loner, hadn't seen your human rights comment, too slow typing

Update Reply
clarkee @ 31/10/2012 18:39  

i agree with JP_ tho surley if its in papers etc then we can simply state taht such and such has been done for whatever? or at least the area they are in ?? human rights ... well at least we are allowed to defend our properties now "with reasonable force" so maybe a shotgun at the knee instead of the bollocks......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2012 18:56  

Suzi - u int a bloke, losin yr bollards is much more serious than yr kneecaps, trust me!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2012 19:03  

Last bike I had nicked was 20 years ago,my 350LC was "taken without owners consent" from front of house when I left it for 5 minutes,coppers got it back in 1/2 an hour with a smashed ignition switch,would not give me any info on culprits.BUT when case went to court I had ever such a nice letter from DPP telling me that xx and xx both of xx street xx town had received sentences off xx . WAS SO tempted to see some lads I knew,out of the area, and give them that information freely provided by our legal system. @ Susi bollocks should be reserved for rapists

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2012 19:11  

I disagree - anyone stealing my bike risks a de-bollocking

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2012 19:27  

They can still ride a bike wivout bollocks.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2012 19:30  

yeh they can sit closer to the fuel tank

Update Reply
madscots @ 31/10/2012 23:49  

well hopefully they wont get on the bike wi no kneecaps.....and they wont be running far either and that covers if its a lass involved too i stupidly left my lid and gloves on front grass years ago when got home knackered and didnt realise it had been nicked till i went to look for it days later.... daft i know but point is... i never once saw that lid on someones head anywhere around here so i can only guess it went straight on eby or who knows where!! same place the stolen bikes go i guess grrrrr

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/11/2012 23:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email