MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Biker shot on the M40

Biker shot on the M40 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Biker shot on the M40 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Biker shot on the M40

I have to say I was caught up in this today on my way back from Birmingham for the weekend. I send my condolences to the guys family and really don't care if it was Hell's Angels or whoever but someone DIED and he was a BIKER!!!! That was bad enuf but the idiots I saw driving down the hard shoulder to get passed all the traffic was horrific They were blocking the emergency services geting through!! I could only think of the poor guy laying dead on the motorway on his own and, although feeling sad, at the same time relieved that I was still alive!!! It took me several hours to get home but at least I CAME HOME and my family never had that fatal knock on the door from the police its tragic. Let's hope they catch the person responsible but have to agree with Bluesbiker if it is Hell's then someone pissed them off big time!!! Mazza

Update Reply
Mazza @ 12/08/2007 20:00  

RIP whatever his crime, IF he committed any

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/08/2007 21:16  

Enuf about the Angels, if this is to do with them leave well alone THIS IS TO MAKE A STATEMENT The same way the police closedown biker meeting places

Update Reply
SHYBOY @ 13/08/2007 05:25  

R I P Condolences to the family

Update Reply
RC @ 13/08/2007 06:00  

M40 Motorway shut after biker shot dead. A busy motorway remained closed today after a biker was shot dead as rode home from a motorcycle festival. It is believed the victim was a Hell's Angel in his 30s who was gunned down on the M40 in Warwickshire after visiting the Bulldog Bash biker festival 20 miles away at the Long Marston airfield near Stratford. Warwickshire Police said large sections of the M40 are expected to remain closed in both directions until at least lunchtime. A police spokeswoman said detectives had ruled out a road rage type attack and were treating it as murder. Officers want to trace a green Rover 620 car seen travelling south on the M40 close to a group of motorcyclists at around the time of the incident. Police would like to speak to the driver and occupants of this car. A post-mortem examination will be carried out and the victim has not been formally identified. The spokeswoman said the force was opening inquiries into whether or not the biker had been specifically targeted. The Bulldog Bash is billed as Europe's number one biker party and attracts tens of thousands of motorcyclists and music fans from across Europe. This year Status Quo headlined the event. The biker's death is not being linked to any incidents at the Bulldog Bash. The victim was travelling south with two friends and air ambulance crews were called to treat the man at the scene of the incident between junctions 13 and 12 on the M40 in Warwickshire shortly after 2.15pm on Sunday. Inspector Patrick Devereux of Warwickshire Police said the road would remain closed on Monday so a full forensic operation could be carried out in daylight.

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 13/08/2007 06:06  

Just caught the latest news,police are treating shooting as murder(thats suicide ruled out then!)and think it may be related to bike gangs!!

Clever buggers them boys in blue,good to know we're in such capable hands!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2007 07:02  

@ cassie Never would have guessed really would you?!!!!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 13/08/2007 07:22  

Ah well,at least we know what REALLY happens to all the weed they confiscate..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2007 07:38  

Seems the bloke wasn't British but had lived here for a long time and was travelling with two other bikers who were Polish. Detectives said they were examining a similar shooting six years ago, in which three bikers, from France and Canada, were on the M40 after the Bulldog Bash, when they were shot at from a car travelling in the middle lane.

Update Reply
Di @ 13/08/2007 10:41  

now thats spooky

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2007 12:38  

aint it just

Update Reply
RC @ 13/08/2007 12:40  

The victim's been named as Gerard Tobin, 35, from south London. Apparently worked in a Harley dealership, presumaby Warrs.

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/08/2007 07:04  

tell you the police couldnt catch a cold unless it was on speed camra...

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 14/08/2007 14:46  

Three people have now been arrested, according to the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshir...958000.stm

Update Reply
Wills @ 22/08/2007 06:30  

I would be very interested if it was a rival gang involved (like the plod reckon) or if it is just some rat-bag chav types. I've seen videos before where kids go around shooting pedestrians with paint-balls etc and maybe it's people like this who just didn't know where to draw the line.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 22/08/2007 06:44  

It did cross my mind that it might even be some nutters living in a fantasy world and trying to re-enact the final scene of Easy Rider, which might account for the previous (non-fatal) shooting of a biker in the same area a while ago. Assuming, of course, that they're charged, all will be revealed in court.

Update Reply
Wills @ 22/08/2007 06:59  

To hit someone in the head just below a helmet travelling at 60 or 70mph they would have to be a dam good shot. A back or a leg could be a lucky hit (for the idiot with the gun) A head at that speed is a pro in my mind. Condolences to Gerry's Girlfriend and family.

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 22/08/2007 10:19  

Just wondering does anyone wanna chip in towards some flowers/and or a large wreath courtesy of Biker Match? A nice tribute from this website? What do you all think and matt?

Update Reply
scattygal35 @ 22/08/2007 19:47  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/coventry_war...025790.stm Looks like there's been some progress

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/10/2007 07:30  

Doesn't say if they were/are bikers or just some chavs in a car though. Nice to see the media following up things though, they normally report the initial gruesome stuff then forget about any follow up stories.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 03/10/2007 13:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email