MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

MCN Excel London 15/17th February 2013

MCN Excel London 15/17th February 2013 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] MCN Excel London 15/17th February 2013 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

MCN Excel London 15/17th February 2013

I went on Sunday only stayed a couple of hours.... I thought it was very poor..... And the prices ...can't see how they can justify it...£6.95 for a cheese burger... Bloody cardboard one at that.... Everything was so expensive.......... I think it's my last..... As usual the cost cutting will be the death of it.. The guys who had the stands were saying they were being charged ludicrous prices for the plots...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2013 01:57  

Good to see some of you on Sunday, and put names to faces, some pics up now on events page.

Always expensive at the excell, unless your on a bike the parking is a real rip off especially for our disabled colleagues who don't have a choice.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 18/02/2013 05:54  

I asked at work why we didn't have a stand there and was told it cost £30k for one.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 18/02/2013 07:44  

I asked at work why we didn't have a stand there and was told it cost £30k for one. how true i don't know, but seems abit over the top.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 18/02/2013 07:44  

We looked at a BM stand at the nec and was well over a grand for the classic show so would have thought it would be at least double for the main show unless your big and can lose it against tax your pushed out on cost alone

Update Reply
JP @ 18/02/2013 07:53  

That much for a stand, £20 each to get in and they're cost cutting??? Looking at the number of people on sunday alone someone is making an awful lot of money.

Update Reply
xj @ 18/02/2013 08:46  

Guys it is always like that at the big rally's....they always say we don't make money at them...... I don't believe it for a moment....someone is always making money... I know of one food vender who refused to put his prices up at a rally said he didn't want to give himself a bad rep when he usually sold for a set price everywhere else.... and was told if he didn't do it he would not be allowed to trade.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2013 01:40  

Johnny isn't a rally different to a show?, I would have thought the prices at a rally would be cheaper than at a show, especially an indoor show

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/02/2013 14:01  

Johny, I've heard of that happening at the airshow where I used to work. A friend of mine with a burger wagon was threatened by the other stall holders because their prices were too low. It's not the organisers of the show that set the food prices, just the pitch prices.

I saved my mates a fortune by getting them burgers from SR Mess tent where we had our own bbq. lol.

Update Reply
akceller8 @ 21/02/2013 22:50  

Apologies to everyone that I was so hung over from Guinness Red Wine and Tequila the night before that I didn't make it till 12.45 and that the only person I saw was Lolc aka Lawrence.. But we did have a wickedly lush day! Sadly.. this is first time I have had a chance to post about it...

From the day itself.. all I got out of it was spending time with two people I care about.. some shammy leathers.. a heated pack for my breaking back.. a massage and confirmation of the "Big Bike" I want to ride... Oh and an wickedly lush iced coffee.. although I probably could have put a down payment on said bike if had not have had coffee!

But.. would still go again...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 04/03/2013 23:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email